Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I use a Hornby 'Select' Controller. I have laid out a 15 ft long oval track but can hardly get any power to my engine.Howcan i increase the power.Anty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi I also have a select but a different circuit.
Hornby are selling a 4 amp transformer to boost the power = more trains running.
But as you only have 1 train running... It may be a connection problem between the train and controler.
Try making sure it all works then if it still dosent e-mail hornby at this address: [email protected] they might be able to help you
Hope this helps
Train Kid

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
How far apart are your feeder wires? Do you only have one pair of feeder wires? If so that could be the problem. If the engine works well when close to the feeder point, but not when much further away, then this says that you have problems getting the power to all parts of the layout. On the other hand, if it doesn't work when on the piece of track directly supplied with power, then it is a more fundamental problem with the system. Hope that you get it sorted easily. Robert.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you have a volt meter! measure by placing the meter connector wires across the rail track and note the reading shown on the meter dial - try this again over various parts of your 15ft oval track, note of any variance voltage values.
Inspect your engine underside for any foreign matter, and clean where necessary. Inspect the loco wheels for dirt deposits and again clean each wheel thoroughly. Best to give each track rail a good rub down to remove any foreign deposit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts