Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use it. Absolutely brilliant. Swap the metallic hooks and it can be used on Hornby, Bachmann etc.

No need to buy expensive couplings or uncoupling ramps. This uses ordinary staples and magnets. You could save ££££'s. Try it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I should have said Heljan..... Here is the corrected version:

I use it. Absolutely brilliant. Swap the metallic hooks and it can be used on Hornby, Heljan etc.

No need to buy expensive couplings or uncoupling ramps. This uses ordinary staples and magnets. You could save ££££'s. Try it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not wishing to answer for Brian but I mounted my magnets 3 in a row to extend the activated area. They are just loosely placed under the sleepers and held in place by ballast. Each magnet is approx 4 mm thick. Each magnet does have a central hole if you want to screw them down.

Fitting to some loco's could be a challenge but if space is a constraint then the end of the trailing arm can be bent back or bent at an angle. Using this method I have trailing arms that are only 10 mm long on some diesel loco's yet they still couple/uncouple perfectly.

The best thing to do is experiment. The magnets are readily available but you can try with different strengths. The staples are virtually free. It is well worth trying.

Enjoy that shunting......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.