Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!
I have had this ever since i can remember, unfortunately it now has a broken chassis (kids!!!!)
does anyone have a spare chassis for sale as i can't find one anywhere?
children(now grounded)will be very grateful

darren

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE (darrencrow @ 10 Jul 2007, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Help!!
I have had this ever since i can remember, unfortunately it now has a broken chassis (kids!!!!)

darren
Try East Kent Models. They sell replacement Bachmann chassis. The Bachmann chassis should fit as AFAIK the Mainline and Bachmann bodies are the same.
The old Mainline chassis was not that brilliant anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
would you like some suggestions of possible punishments for your children?

The worst one i got was when my father took the fuse out of the H&M duette because i had run down to gloucester station to see union of south africa instead of staying in and waiting for my grandmother.

a now much older and wiser Peter

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
QUOTE (darrencrow @ 10 Jul 2007, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Help!!

darren

Darren,

depending on where you live, you could always pick up a 'donnor' loco from a swap meet, just pop down 'Smiths and get a copy of the Railway Modeller and find the nearest one to you, you could pick up a 57xx for as little as £20, just ask to see it working if possible, this gives you a a replacement chassis cheaoer than a new one, I personelly like Mainline chassis, better creep control

also what is wrong with the chassis, you didn't say

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 11 Jul 2007, 11:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Darren,

depending on where you live, you could always pick up a 'donnor' loco from a swap meet, just pop down 'Smiths and get a copy of the Railway Modeller and find the nearest one to you, you could pick up a 57xx for as little as £20, just ask to see it working if possible, this gives you a a replacement chassis cheaoer than a new one, I personelly like Mainline chassis, better creep control

also what is wrong with the chassis, you didn't say

Brian
thank you, there is alocal swap meet soon so i will give that a bash. i also preffered the mainline chassis but that has more to do with thriftiness than anything else!
ps, the chassis has snapped in 2 places.

darren

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 11 Jul 2007, 06:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>would you like some suggestions of possible punishments for your children?

The worst one i got was when my father took the fuse out of the H&M duette because i had run down to gloucester station to see union of south africa instead of staying in and waiting for my grandmother.

a now much older and wiser Peter
playstation removal is my personal favourite. quick, efficient and satisfying!

darren

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 11 Jul 2007, 06:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>would you like some suggestions of possible punishments for your children?

An electrical engineer friend of mine rewired his house & instead of ring circuits each room was on a radial, so when his children played up they would be sent to their rooms & at the flick of the MCB - no power at all just the lights !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts