Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In depth idiot
7,685 Posts
Kev,

With Mainline out of production for 20 years or thereabouts, any spares you do find may well be nearing end of life themselves. The gears have been a consistent weakness in this product range. That said I would be looking for commonality with gears on other Mainline product like the class 45, and maybe in some of the earlier Bachmann products, simply to widen the area of search.

The other alternative as you probably realise is to go for a replacement Bachmann chassis. Bach do sometimes have chassis for sale, and have offered good prices on repaired returns sold directly at the Warley show. Inconveniently for you, there probably won't be any Warship chassis right now though, as it has been some time since a run of Warhips were sold. Very much a matter of being ready to pounce the moment the right item is on offer.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (kopite1300 @ 19 Oct 2008, 20:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi.
I am having difficult finding spare gears for my D823 Warship Type 4 B-B Diesel. Can anybody help?

Kev

Hi Kev
I am also very new on this website but would like to try and help you if i can. I remember a few years ago i went to Replica Railways for some spare parts for a Mainline engine.
I have just copied and pasted the address and phone number for you, I hope this helps
Replica Railways
Unit 46 Bss House Cheney Manor Industrial Estate, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2PJ
p: 01793642594 f: 01793651196

Kind regards
Paul

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (kopite1300 @ 19 Oct 2008, 21:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi.
I am having difficult finding spare gears for my D823 Warship Type 4 B-B Diesel. Can anybody help?
Kev

Replacement gears [in brass] can be found here: http://www.ultrascale.co.uk/ggs0001.php Scroll down to the bottom of the page..

FWIW, The Bachmann Warship chassis isn't interchangeable with the Mainline one as the screw pillars are in different positions,and anyway if you were considering this,the question would be 'Why bother?',-it's frankly a waste of time/effort,-Just use he Bachmann Warship as is,and park the Mainline one up in a siding as a dead loco...or even isolate the motor and have it double-headed on a train as a failure...[rescued by a steam loco perhaps
].

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (DS239 @ 20 Oct 2008, 14:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or even isolate the motor and have it double-headed on a train as a failure...[rescued by a steam loco perhaps
].

Oooh hurtful, but in the early Warship days all to common, however if double heading steam and a diesel hydraulic make sure the diesels in front, they were not allowed to be behind the steam loco due to possible transmission damage.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (kopite1300 @ 19 Oct 2008, 20:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi.

Kev

Hi Kev

There is a guy on evil bay who goes by the moniker Abbott who seems to have stocks of new and used Mainline. Having said that, if you want the gearing to last, you might well consider the Ultrascale option.... more expensive, but will still be running in 6 months!

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts