Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was in Manchester on 10 June for a job interview (No, I'm not moving up there. it was the head office for a home-based position). Afterwards I went tram riding on parts of Manchester Metrolink.

Car 1014 enters Stretford with an Altrincham service.

Close-up of 1014.

Cornbrook is unusual on Metrolink in that it has a third platform which I understand is only used for staff training purposes.

Car 1015 modified for Eccles branch street running entering the single-line terminus at Eccles.

Had an interesting (not) journey to Manchester, Following the cancellation of the 06:12 Stowmarket-Peterborough service, I drove to Ely and got the last station car park space then got the 07:44 East Midlands service to Manchester Piccadilly, returned on the delayed 16:42 EM service to Norwich and didn't get home until 22:00!!!!

If I get the job, it comes with a company car, thank God!!!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
675 Posts
Looks good. Don't think of coming to Edinburgh at the moment - there's chaos on the roads which are being dug up for the tramlink scheduled to open in 2011. Be good once it's here, tho' but.

mal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 11 Jun 2008, 15:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

Was in Manchester on 10 June for a job interview................................

........................................If I get the job, it comes with a company car, thank God!!!

I hope it's not a Peugeot

Nice pics of the trams Dave. But...the only difference I could see from the photo of the Eccles branch car is that the coupling mechanism appears to have been removed and a fairing put in its place. Is that the only change?

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The entire coupling assembly is encased in a fairing and the bogies are also encased with a smooth faced false bogie cover. This came as fitted on all series 2 cars (Nos 2001 - 2006) and added to series 1 cars 1005, 1010 & 1015.

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 11 Jun 2008, 23:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The entire coupling assembly is encased in a fairing and the bogies are also encased with a smooth faced false bogie cover. This came as fitted on all series 2 cars (Nos 2001 - 2006) and added to series 1 cars 1005, 1010 & 1015.

Thanks for that Dave, I presumed the bogies would have had some kind of mod, I just couldn't see what it was.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts