Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fathers day coming soon and so is the Dapol and Accurascale Manors. Both are new models and with sound similar priced but DCC fitted my choice £30.00 difference in Dapol's favour Hatton's . If I read it right !
I would pay £30.00 extra if I thought that the Accurascale's performance was better but since these are both new models I don't know. I have been avoiding buying new models until I have some track to run them on . However I got all my engines out to make make an up to date inventory and I noticed I was a bit light in the mixed traffic department and a Manor would fit the bill. As the money for this engine would be coming via fathers day it won't hurt the shed budget . I have a Dapol 43xx which seems to run ok (on a temp track on the floor with no points) and is a nice model . I was tempted with their 61xx but I already had a Hornby version along with two earlier versions . Accurascale I no nothing about and I have no products of theirs to relate to.

I do want to support these new companies but at the same time I would like them to be reliable . So anyone with any thoughts that may help me decide . Jim

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK not to overdo the word but when I say ok I mean they seem ok in the fact that I can not run them as there is no layout to run them on! Maybe when I have a layout then I will know for sure . Yes the detail is much improved and so the prises rise but you can't realistically expect them to stay the same however I do agree just as the prise rises so should the reliability . So how else can can I describe my experience with the models I possess is seems ok!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies I am a little reluctant to wait though I get what is being said . I did this with the Robinson Rod GWR version now there does not seem to be many around I wonder if Bachmann will ever release another batch. I have bought some second hand loco's and I'm never sure how much they have been used and how much more mileage they have left. I will not pre-order one and wait a little maybe look at the reviews and comments on here. Jim

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Neither look to bad but then i'm not that knowledgeable . I did take a look at a recent book that I bought on the Gloucester former GWR Horton road shed under British rail around the last years of steam there were a few Manors the problem though is that most photo's are taken from a 45 degree angle and the dirty state of the engines thus are not showing the side elevation clearly . However I did see five hole's on the fire box in one picture . Castle and Hall class loco's have five but their fire boxes are larger? As for the chimney they are straight . Some interesting thoughts and opinions from the RMWeb thanks for the link. Jim

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi Thanks for the update In the end I decided not to pre-order either as much as I would like one or maybe both . I'm putting all my effort and money into finishing my shed hopefully I will be able to get one sometime down the line. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts