Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just wanted to let people know about a new Model Railway Exhibition and Photographic exhibition that we are organising in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

A group of us have got together and have decided to put on a Model Railway exhibition in Mansfield, coupled with a photographic exhibition. The photographs are of railways of the local area in the 50's and 60's. These photographs were taken by the late David Dalton, and it was his wish to put on this exhibition.

The exhibition is to held on March 7th & 8th at St. Peters Church Hall, Church Side, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

All proceeds from the event will go to St. Peters Church.

We have put together a website to give more details about the show and this can found at www.mansfieldmodelrailway.co.uk

So if you are in the area, it would be great to see you.

Thanks

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Very nice website!

I have been booked for this, my first exhibition, and it's not too far away!

My layout thread is here:- http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5518

(I think it really needs moving to the correct 'layout thread' instead of Tracks, Layouts & Scenery)
Anyway it's there if you want to take a look or ask any questions and I hope to see a few of you at the exhibition.

Looking forward to it, although a little daunted as it's my first one and there are other very good layouts.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

just to let you know I have updated the website with some more info on layouts that are attending. There are 10 booked, and I've managed to put information about 5 on so far. These are:

Castle Wharf Yard
Kirkby Stephen West
Shake the Box
Summat Colliery
Thomas & Friends

Let me know if you have any comments.

Nigel

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let you all know ?I have updated the layouts page on the website with inofrmation about some more layouts.

A full list of the layouts now attending are:

* Castle Wharf Yard
* Hornby 'Dublo' Layout
* Kirkby Stephen West
* Lone Star Treble-0-Electric
* Outwell Village
* Shake the Box
* Stockwell Road
* Summat Colliery
* Thomas and Friends

I still need to add more detail about a few of these, which I will add when I receive the information.

If there is anything else anyone would like to know, just reply to this thread and Ill do my best to answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have updated some more information on layouts and also some more exhibitors have been signed up. These have been added to the site. I have also updated the information on car parks with number of spaces and charges etc. This can be found on the when & where page. Hope this helps.

Please feel free to take a look at the website mansfield model railway

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well the plans for the exhibition have all been finalised and there are now 10 layouts and many traders coming along. I have also just added some floor plans to the website.

A selection of photographs have also been added to site. Just a small selection of the 100 odd prints that will be on show.

Anyone planning on visiting over the weekend? If so then you'll most likely find me behind Summat Colliery.

Looking forward to it

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Love the steamer in the snow - really evocative.

Regards

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Well a busy first day!!

Time flew by.
It looks like Thomas and friends was a big hit, in fact at one point I had that many trying to operate it, that it stopped working, had to remove the power for a few mins to reset everything!

Hopefully I might even get chance to have a good look round everything tomorrow.

Hair Outerwear Community Urban design Engineering

Just swapping Annie and Carabel round, I was told I had them the wrong way round

Very nice relaxed show.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Went to the exhibition yesterday and really enjoyed. Thanks for a good show. Look forward to next year.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John, thanks for the kind comments.

Wiggy thanks for the excellent layout. A big hit on both days.

Having never done this before all of us who helped to organise would thank everyone who came and gave their support, cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's some photos I took today at the show (mainly of Summat Colliery, the layout I was helping on):

K3 Awaits departure with a full load of coal on Summat Colliery

Full 16 tonners await shunting on Summat Colliery

Harry the J94 shunts full wagons ready for collection

Returned empties await shunting in the marshalling yard

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
I only took a few pics at the show....too busy!

Just running in my new Doncaster Rovers and teak coaches book set, luckily I got to the exhibition early so was able to give it a good run before the show opened......once I got the wheels turning smoothly!

The Hymek was from Benhams, he wanted to see it run, and asked if I could give it a go on the layout, one of the children actually operated it for me, loved the lights on it.
Very nicely it ran too, Benhams had fitted the Gaugemaster 6 pin plug in decoder.
I didn't have any money with me(very sensible thing to do) so I couldn't buy the set, someone else did though.....but I bought it from Digitrains today

Videos of them running.

My dad did take a few photos at the exhibition....need to see what he has, must remember my camera next time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts