Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of making a change to Australian outline and recently checked out a few Aussie websites.
If you guys in the Uk think you have trouble with manufacturers, then consider the statement below which is part of advice given on the website of a very popular Australian train manufacturer.

"No acknowledgements of orders will be given. Do not even consider the consequences of phoning to ask if we have received your order. Remember, we are trying to cut down on paperwork and the time spent on the business in general.'

I'd like to know what 'consequences' they propose?. Perhaps cut off your 3 link coupling or something worse!!.

With a commitment like this there is no way I would think about dealing with such a company.

What do other people think of this ???

Billy

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 24 May 2008, 21:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>seconded. thats just down right rude.

why do they bother if thats the way they are going to treat people?

Which manufacturer was it?

Peter

*** Evidently one who plans to shrink somewhat... I agree 100%, what an arrogant attitude to display to those who put bread on the table for them!

Richard
DCCconcepts
Perth WA (The polite side of the country)

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
I just googled the following:

"No acknowledgements of orders will be given. Do not even consider the consequences of phoning to ask if we have received your order.

and they popped right up - Austrains - the ONLY mfr that did. Given that the phrasing is not specific to model railway, its an indication that they are certainly out on their own globally for lack of courtesy!

Richard

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I seem to remember some years ago, the Austrains owner in an interview/letter printed in the Aust Model mag said that he thought that modellers living in Aust should be modelling Aust railways - none of the overseas lines & that if they did, it was tantamount to be being an outcast or similar strong words.

You can imagine to response to that - he did in subsequent letters , soften it a bit.

That said, the products are in the main, quite good- a few small problems early but rectified as they went along.
I will give him credit in that while his business practice in customer relations may need to be improved, he had brought a lot of locos on the the Aust market tat the time there was a need for them. He was one of those who got the Aust scene going again - not that I model Aust - too modern for me & steam locos are very expensive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts