·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
It there isn't a Trix version, I think BritHO might convert to 3 rail

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 1 Apr 2009, 17:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It there isn't a Trix version, I think BritHO might convert to 3 rail

I don't think so David, basically the Martrix Warship is, in a word, appalling. It's inaccuracies beggar belief, it's only place is as a museum piece. (I much prefer my fleischmanns)

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Nice to see that even the fabled continental firms bugger it up too!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 1 Apr 2009, 18:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice to see that even the fabled continental firms bugger it up too!!

Not quite Steve, if memory serves it was originally released about 1960 - hence my comment about museum piece.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE originally released about 1960

Maybe they were working from prototype drawings? According to Wiki they were only built in 1960...

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 2 Apr 2009, 05:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think so David, basically the Martrix Warship is, in a word, appalling. It's inaccuracies beggar belief, it's only place is as a museum piece. (I much prefer my fleischmanns)

Regards
The other issues that prevent this selling in the UK are the fact it is HO and three rail AC. I'm quite frankly astonished that Maerklin have released this as its potential market is so small.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 1 Apr 2009, 21:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The other issues that prevent this selling in the UK are the fact it is HO and three rail AC. I'm quite frankly astonished that Maerklin have released this as its potential market is so small.

I guess the administrators found a few in a back cupboard somewhere and thought that they might be able to get a few euros for them?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (john woodall @ 2 Apr 2009, 01:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>happy april fool anyone?

Unfortunately I think not!

Regards

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sadly an April Fool, as I can find no such product on Maerklin.de, and no mention on any of the German Marklin dealer sites.
Oh, and the link no longer works.

I say sadly, because as a mad Marklin collector, I would personally have loved it

If something seems too good to be true it usually is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts