Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1993, Marklin released the first of the HO Christmas wagons to dealers. This first wagon was not advertised in any new items brochure. In 1994, they started issuing advice of them around the same time as the Autumn New Items, and now the advice of them is generally in the brochure.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Good morning John, I doubt these are easy to get hold of nowadays are they, my girlfriend is quite big on christmas and she would love these going around the base of our tree! Im not a huge fan of xmas being a grumpy 39 year old but these would have helped me get in the "spirit".

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are a bit hard to get. But showing my age, I have only bought one on E Bay (1993) I started collecting them in 1994, so over time the collection has grown.

Maybe you should think about the Zgauge ones

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I think z may be difficult for me as I have huge hands and years of repairing Caterpiller machines in the quarry has not done them a lot of good, aswell as my oo layout Im building a small n gauge which can be a bit akward, maybe I could teach my daughter!

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
Now that is a collection worth having. Some serious thought has gone into the design of those models which lifts them out of the "Commercial Exploitation" field of marketing IMHO.

Thanks for showing them

David

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David,

I must admit in 1994 when I bought the first one it was a bit of a novelty.

14 years later of buying one a year, they do look great all set up together as a display.

From small beginning great things can happen

·
Registered
423 Posts
You have very nice collection of Christmas cars.

I see the coupling went missing, If you replace new coupling it would be lower that price guide because there is little type of coupling.

There is also 'Marklin Magazin' wagons only in the Summer news items brochure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts