Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. As usual M&S have a hornby set out for Xmas and I'm trying to figure out if its good value. The loco is dutchess of sutherland and comes with 3 LMS staniers but does anyone know if they are the old or new versions? at £150 for the set I can't tell from the photos online.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (mifsit @ 25 Oct 2007, 09:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all. As usual M&S have a hornby set out for Xmas and I'm trying to figure out if its good value. The loco is dutchess of sutherland and comes with 3 LMS staniers but does anyone know if they are the old or new versions? at £150 for the set I can't tell from the photos online.

Thanks
Phil

At that price they should be gold plated

Happy Christmas (10001)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (mifsit @ 25 Oct 2007, 10:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does anyone know if they are the old or new versions? at £150 for the set I can't tell from the photos online.

Thanks
Phil

Just had a quick look, the zoom on the picture is realy clear but the bad news is they are the old Stanier coaches. If you click on the larger picture and zoom in on the coach a the bottom of the picture you can clearly see the old standard large tension lock coupling. The paint job on them however looks up to what we've come to expect from Hornby these days.
So £150 is a little bit of an ask and kind of flies in the face of their advertising slogan, "This isn't just {insert whatever they're trying to flog}, it's M & S {whatever ther're tring to flog}"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts