Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
It's something I have wondered about too. I also noticed this same phenomenom when looking at the increased costs of Continental outline in the UK. You are only a hundred miles or so from Germany yet paying twice as much. Extra middlemen maybe? In Ozz we have the same problem where anything model rail is twice what you would pay in the USA or Germany. UK outline is a bit better at 50% more. Some shops can do better. Maybe Richard has some information on this as he has a shop and stocks European and US goods.

The postage doesn't seem to bad though. I was recently quoted 81 quid postage for an underground ernie train set from Hattons. I cancelled when I heard that.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 13 Dec 2007, 12:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Generally Neil the East coast is charging MUCH more than the West Coast for loco's - I was shocked at Melbourne and Sydney prices for everything model-wise last time I visited!

Regards

Richard
DCCconcepts
I have noticed this. I bought a couple of Hornby items from a Perth based outfit called Corgi clearance house or discount warehouse or something like that and the prices were comprable to UK prices. I got the impression that a few stores in Melbourne were buying from places in WA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.