Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Hornby have published photos of the Maunsells in the October / November releases PDF.

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
The December issue of Hornby Magazine has a review of the BR liveried versions. The review states that the Southern liveried ones are on their way from China. The tail end of a BBC website article on China's toy industry yesterday (November 11th) mentioned a 20 day sea trip to the UK. So I would guess they will hit the shops in the next two to three weeks?

One of the coaches (I can't remember which) has a small detailing error in the moulding that will be corrected on the next batch. Will that make the first batch "collectable" like faulty stamps? (This is not a wind up - honest - I'm curious)

David

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well here we are on the 8th December and still NO Southern Maunsell coaches

Any one know when they will be in the shops as I was hoping to have a few for Christmas.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Cameron - I've seen them for sale at a couple of recent exhibitions around my part of the world. The 'box shifters' such as Hattons, Rails of Sheffield etc may be the best to try. Your local shop may have had them in but only in small numbers and sold out before you got there.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dear All,

The first of the SR Olive Green liveried Maunsells are now available at The Signal Box. These are the 2 Corridor Composites (1st/3rd).

According to MREMag (on 26 November), we should see the BR brake 'S2796S' (R4305A), SR 1st/3rd composite '5138' (R4299A), SR 3rd '2349' (R4297A), SR brake '4049' (R4300B) and SR 1st '7665' (R4298A) soon, as they have samples of these already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts