Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi All,

I have bought a Mehano HO DCC fitted PRR GG1 loco the retailer tells me Howes fitted the DCC .... have any of you experience of their performance and reliability please ?

Many thanks

Nick.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
QUOTE (alberta @ 8 Feb 2009, 00:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mehano are part of Bachmann & the sound decoder would probably be a SWD or Digitrax chip.

Hi Alberta,

Thanks for the infomation,

As makred on the box i presume the loco is made in Slovenia under the Bachmann banner then
... after testing it the decoder manufacturer reads back as 99 Lenz if my memory serves me correctly (the NMRA site was down to check) still a nice loco for £35 ........... if it had sound for that price would have been over the moon

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks for everyones input on the GG1 i cant wait to run it (soon hopefully) i fitted it out with Kadee couplers yesterday ........ yes Peter the loco is secondhand but in mint condition the decoder is very responsive and needs to have the CV's sorted for a realistic running speed.
A friend has a layout i'm hoping to go and give it a run later on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.