Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I need some help Do any of you have the Mehano G2000BB Locomotive I have a few problems some wires have broken from the bogie contacts can anyone give me instructions in how to dismantle the bottom to remove the bogie so I can resolder Thank you. Babs

·
In depth idiot
8,346 Posts
As a general rule, the action required to release a bogie in these centre motor shaft drive designs is at the top, on or around the pivot point. Looks as though at least one circuit board has to be moved out of the way to take a look at the pivot location.

There are several possibilities:
screw secured,
a clip on box like piece, usually surrounding the worm,
simple push fit of 'bumps' or ribs in the plastic gear tower moulding, engaging in cast in locations in the main casting.

Could be more methods, and I have never looked at a Mehano product. Do let is all know when you find out.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
34C Thank you for your reply. I am not personaly going to take it apart as I cannot solder very well. Because i have Numb end of fingers in both hands which means i cannot hold things properly. I have a someone who i have come across since wednesday of last week that will do the job for me. I was trying to establish a method that would help them when i take it on Monday. But I am sure all will become clear when they look at it. But if anyone else on the Forum who has come across the lok i would be most grateful for anymore tips.
Babs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.