Model Railway Forum banner

Member hierarchy question

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  double00 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone,

Having just been handed a whistle, light and some flags, I'm curious to know how many posts are needed to be promoted up the the forum hierarchy, and what are the ranks?

Baggage Porter < 20?
Ticket Collector < 50
Guard < ?
Fireman? < ?
Engine Driver? < ?
Footplate Inspector < ?
Station Master < ?
Station cat? < ?
Regional Controller? < ?
The Fat Controller??!

Have I missed any out?

Goedel

P.S. Is there a union we lower level employees can join against "the management" before it's all privatised?

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm well on my way to foreman then, thanks for putting this up Doug, it's nice to know.

Regards

John

#7 ·
The thing is with ranks is that they sometimes encourage post whoring and other such bad traits in the past i have been as guilty as anyone of getting involved in "races" to the next level but have learned through experience that it is pointless I would be perfectly happy if there were no ranks or if they were spread out more so that they become a bit like a long service award i.e. every 1000 posts or something similar

#9 ·
QUOTE (goedel @ 23 Apr 2007, 02:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Station cat? < ?

Bearing in mind that cat's consider themselves masters of all they survey, and certainly rule the roost, may I suggest 2500 posts!!?

Regards

John

#10 ·
QUOTE (goedel @ 23 Apr 2007, 02:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Station cat? < ?

Bearing in mind that cat's consider themselves masters of all they survey, and certainly rule the roost, may I suggest 2500 posts!!?

Regards

John

#12 ·
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 25 Apr 2007, 15:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW, John I just glanced at your info and I thought it said that you were the "foot inspector". Now that would be a thankless task ... I could think of only one "position" worse.

Dennis, after 30 years working for HMG there are plenty of worse positions - believe me.

Regards

John

#14 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 23 Apr 2007, 10:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What we know up to now:

Baggage Porter 0 *
Ticket Collector 10 **
Guard 50 ***
Fireman 100 ****
Passed Fireman 300 ****
Engine Driver 500 *****
Footplate Inspector 700 *****
Foreman 850 *****
Station Master 1000 ******

after that, who knows...

You missed out Signalman! must be 2000*******

No prizes for guessing the day job.

#15 ·
QUOTE (PaulRhB @ 26 Apr 2007, 19:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You missed out Signalman! must be 2000*******

No prizes for guessing the day job.

Er.........Station announcer?

Regards

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.