Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

· Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
QUOTE (Kimbo @ 1 Apr 2008, 22:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ditto, Expat
I don't think it's a problem isolated to ya!

I don't know if he's set them to be viewed by anyone in his account over there but I clicked on his user name in the top left corner and got to the pics of the york exhibition then clicked on Milldale also top left to find those pics he's put up. Quite early pictures of the railway from those I saw, with apair of new build semis based on the house that Milldale was being built in at the time.
You'll have to be patient with him he's only just got the computer working, he'll get there, I did and that's saying something

· garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,717 Posts
In light of Andii's efforts on Broughton & Marwood, its has inspired me to get back into my garage and plant some hairy grass using "hanging basket liner"

A quick trip to the garden centre and some was purchased, £2.00 a metre, so back I came

No pics to show yet as camera battaries are flat, but I think I can give me bro a run for his money!!!

Will start planting trees tomorrow and may even ballast the track on this last board! Will need to come up with a good barrow crossing first, the one I have made is not good enough

Brian

1,717 Posts
Time to join +plus
Here are some pics of the end board off Milldale.
These pics show the area beyound the station end. The scenic break is the free lance road over bridge. Behind the runnig lines is going to be my BOC plant, still needs painting white and the office block is still only a shell. Will add some other cylinders and plenty of pipe work.

At thetop of the hill above the BOC plant is an area of demolition, am going to put a secruity frence around it to keep the vandles and kids out!

Have started to put in the posts for the secruity fence round the back of the BOC plant.

The trees will need to be detailed up. need to get some more cheep hair spray first! and plenty more of them

Ballasting will follow as son as I make a new barrow crossing.

Hope you enjoy the pics
Infrastructure Urban design Rolling stock Track Asphalt

Plant Fence Land lot Building Tree

Plant Wood Twig Branch Grass

Window Building Wood Track Railway

Window Wood Grass Landscape Composite material

Building Urban design Wood Outdoor furniture Landscape

Brian

Attachments

· Administrator
10,744 Posts
I love that gasometer
. The effect of that and the security fence posts is really good.

David

· Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Bloody Hell Bro

Talk about the dogs B******s. Gonna have to get me signed of work for a couple of weeks.
I only realy started on my new one because you're a bit far away for the flying visit and you wouldn't let me plant trees

Keep up the good work and we'll see when we can arrange a session

1,717 Posts
Plant Grass Groundcover Tree Terrestrial plant

Bro, your trees are still looking better so I had to go and get some cheap hair spray from supermarket, only detailed 3 so far but the rest will follow soon, need to go shopping for more of the sea moss armitures

Brian

Attachments

· Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Trees looking great there Bro, gonna have to get some of those for the wood at the end of my embankment.

· Registered
92 Posts
looking good. iv jus bought some ballast so hopefully it shall have some life it in within the next couple of weeks!

1,717 Posts
Plant Property Plant community Grass Land lot

Plant Evergreen Grass Leaf vegetable Groundcover

Plant Building Shade Fixture Wood

Thanks Neil,

All they are are the seamoss from international models (can be googled or found in most mags) with flock from different suppliers of various shades.

All I did was to first plant them to make sure that they looked okay. then one at a time sprayed them with lots of cheap hair spray (well ventallated area needed) (removed from scenery first)then sprinkle with the flock, repeat 2 - 3 times using different shades, then I planted in a spare block of polystreine and gave a final good coating of hair spray, leave for 10 mins to dry and replace back on the layout

Here are some pics of the completed trees, have run out now so need to buy more sea moss

Brian

Attachments

· Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
THat looks alot better than the first set of pics you posted, not quite as bright now.
Will have to order a box of that Seamoss form them soon and work out what they mean by being enough to do a forest.

Andii

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
Thanks for that Brian, I already buy stuff from International Models so I'll give them a bell to order some of this Sea Moss stuff.

The reason I asked is that I have been trying to get really authentic trees for some time and have got ok ones but nothing near as good as that. Your trees are the best I've seen so I'm going to use your method and get one of their "forest" sized sets.

Yes I wondered how big a forest was too? Hope it's not a Deer forest.

1,717 Posts
Just a couple of new pics, Andii popped up for a brew and Milldale started talking so we listened and heres what it had to say:

Looking under bridge towards station

Looking though the other arch

Looking down platform 5

The rear of Tesco's

The reworked rock face

More rock face

Over view of new rock face and more grass added

All needs the boundry fencing and the buildings finishing, but will get round to it soon!

Enjoy

Brian

1,717 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 20 Jun 2008, 20:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice - especially like the "Knights of Old" truck -always thought it was a smart livery & logo.

Thanks Brian,

The truck is Andii's and is on loan for sizing up purposes. The truck backed into what will be Tesco's will be replaced with an Eddie Stobart one and the Knights with some other branded truck.

Brian

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 20 Jun 2008, 22:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The truck is Andii's and is on loan for sizing up purposes.
Often you see layouts with road vehicles in places that there is no way they could have got into position without the aid of a crane. The Hornby advert for the circus vehicles if a case in point (oh - sorry, I forgot I'm not allowed to critisize Hornby). Excellent way of creating a backscene - if you had more space you could model all the "non-Tesco" trucks waiting at the RDC whilst the "Tesco" ones jump the queue

1,717 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 21 Jun 2008, 11:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Often you see layouts with road vehicles in places that there is no way they could have got into position without the aid of a crane. The Hornby advert for the circus vehicles if a case in point (oh - sorry, I forgot I'm not allowed to critisize Hornby). Excellent way of creating a backscene - if you had more space you could model all the "non-Tesco" trucks waiting at the RDC whilst the "Tesco" ones jump the queue

The other units to Tesco's right are going to be the delivery doors for the retail park, stores like PC WORLD, TOYS R US etc so will give plenty of scope for other trucks.

It was designed to have the road coming on scene and with an exit on scene, will be alot better when the drive though is cmpleted on KFC next to Tesco, will have to go and buy a bucket for the signage!!

Off to watch F1 quali now, catch you all later

Brian

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.