Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is my first post so sorry if i have posted in the wrong area.

I have just recently purchased a new mini trix starter set in n gauge and so far have experienced a number of problems and am getting rather frustrated.

My main problems are engines not responding to commands given, and faulty engines. These have been back and forward to the shop where purchased and i am being constantly told that the problems have been rectified. This has not been the case and feel that i have been sold a dud. I am being told that the engines need to be repaired rather than replaced. We dont know if the problem lies with the control panel, the chips themselves having been fitted with both lenz (gold & silver) and mini trix chips.

Any help on the above would be appreciated and is there anyone who has experienced similar problems with this starter set.

Many Thanks

Oliver

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE is there anyone who has experienced similar problems with this starter set.

Which starter set is it? I agree that Minitrix is normally flawless itself and I would initially say that the decoders haven't been installed correctly (always blame the wiring...), but more detailed information is needed for us to help!

Goedel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me, the starter set we bought was the "Super Starter Set Epoch IV Ref: T11120" which we bought from Victors Models.
The trains are already chipped howver because of the numerous problems, Victors Models replaced the chips and controller and we are still experiencing problems. We have spent may hours in there shop testing engines etc and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

We have given them time to correct the problems but things are still not right, we should really ask for a complete new set under warranty however we just wondered if anybody else are having problems with this particular set.

Sorry i can't be precise at this moment with exact model numbers.

Thanks again

Oli

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.