Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a Minitrix BR 01 from Ebay cat.no. 2900 with EMS marked underneath. It has four loose wires in the tender that come from the loco and I have no idea what they are for. It seems to run ok without them being connected. Anyone have a service sheet for it?

Also I have an old Piko Skoda that needs new gears and traction tyres. Any ideas of where I could buy spares without costing an arm and a leg would be very nice. Or maybe someone knows how to make traction tyres.

Last point, how do you hang catenary wires on Vollmer posts? Again bought on Ebay without instructions.

Thanks.

The light at the end of the tunnel is the train coming the other way.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 18 Jan 2007, 21:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also I have an old Piko Skoda that needs new gears and traction tyres. Any ideas of where I could buy spares without costing an arm and a leg would be very nice. Or maybe someone knows how to make traction tyres.

Last point, how do you hang catenary wires on Vollmer posts? Again bought on Ebay without instructions.

Thanks.

Hi poliss,

You don't say how old the PIKO Skoda is, but I suspect that it is pre unification. If this is the case you might be better off parking it permanantly in a siding as I'm fairly sure spares of this age are hard to come by. The other thing is to consider using spares from another manufacturer (possibly Fleischmann).

The Viessmann catenary wires should just clip onto the arms of the gantries (well the HO ones do)

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

John

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PIKO Spielwaren of Sonneberg stopped production of the Skoda ChS4 in about 1988. Can't really park it in a siding as it's in honour of my Russian wife who is always asking why I have so many "trains".

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 18 Jan 2007, 22:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I bought a Minitrix BR 01 from Ebay cat.no. 2900 with EMS marked underneath. It has four loose wires in the tender that come from the loco and I have no idea what they are for. It seems to run ok without them being connected. Anyone have a service sheet for it?
I'm sure Trix replied with the datasheet but if not then there is a website here:

http://www.waschzettel.de.vu/
(it is in German but very easy to navigate)

that has loads and loads of them for all the European manufacturers, and although they don't seem to have 2900 by name they do have sheets for these and often several models share a single sheet anyway:

Minitrix 2100 BR 01 DB ems Bild 632 kB (25.09.02)
Minitrix 2176 BR 01 DB EMS Bild 349 kB (01.01.02)
Minitrix 2176 BR 01 DB EMS Bild 948 kB (18.10.03)
Minitrix 2176 BR 01 DB EMS Bild 1740 kB (13.01.07)

Which look to me to be the same basis model but with different paint schemes etc. Hope this is useful for other things if not the 2900!

Perhaps the loose wires are for wheel pickups on the tender or for the rear headlights if the model has them?

Goedel

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed Trix but they never replied. I found out from the website you gave that my loco is the 2176 ems version. Mine has had the ems chip removed, so plenty of room in the tender for a hornby decoder. It seems to have more wires coming from the tender than shown in the diagram, 4 instead of 3. I'll have to be brave and take it apart to find out what they are all for. :)

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 13 May 2007, 01:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I emailed Trix but they never replied.

No surprise there !

We never get replies from e-mails to Marklin/Trix unless they are to a specific person - & we are Marklin/Trix dealers !

Also, you have to take into account the language - if the person who first looks at the e-mail does not speak English then your chances of a reply are immediatly diminished - try using Babelfish, then at least people can see that you have made an effort.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hi there,

you might as well email your questions to Trix (not Märklin) to me or post them here. I´d be glad to translate them and relay them to my girlfriend´s dad, who is an N enthusiast and has a contact person inside Trix in Nuremberg. I´m not sure for how long this is going to last though, as Kingsbridge/Märklin is downsizing the Nuremberg plant.

Also, for N-gauge related questions, you might as well try www.1zu160.net , a german language forum dedicated to everything N. Feel free to post in English there.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts