Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all... what a great magazine... even though I get it late as I live in Thailand, yet it is well worth waiting for.

So to the frustrating parts...

I seem to have a real problem emailing Ian Allen to sort out a problem with my subscription. My emails to [email protected] keep returning to me as first 'delayed' and then 'undeliverable'.

I sent an email to inform HM that I received 2 copies of issue #6 and didn't get issue #8. I've received all the others mags ok up to issue #14 (15 is presumably on the way). I'd really like to get it sorted... please advise.

One email seems to have been delivered but not answered. So hopefully you can help.

I get a similar problem when entering the competitions on-line.

Postal entries are no good as the deadline of the competitions is almost up when those of us overseas get the magazine.

HM is still the best in town!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Bigdog @ 12 Aug 2008, 04:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>First of all... what a great magazine... even though I get it late as I live in Thailand, yet it is well worth waiting for.

So to the frustrating parts...

I seem to have a real problem emailing Ian Allen to sort out a problem with my subscription. My emails to [email protected] keep returning to me as first 'delayed' and then 'undeliverable'.

I sent an email to inform HM that I received 2 copies of issue #6 and didn't get issue #8. I've received all the others mags ok up to issue #14 (15 is presumably on the way). I'd really like to get it sorted... please advise.

One email seems to have been delivered but not answered. So hopefully you can help.

I get a similar problem when entering the competitions on-line.

I don't know if your mis-spelling was just in this post or wether you spelt you original email wrongly but it should be ianallanpublishing.co.uk. ("a" not "e")
Interesting to note though I did have a subscription inquiry email go missing as well

Ian

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE I did have a subscription inquiry email go missing as well

There is just so much spam about these days, it wouldn't surprise me if some genuine enquiries get lost in the spam filter.

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Guys,

I too have had problems with missing copies of HM, for which I have taken out a subscription.

I have, however, found Janet Byrne, who is Head of the Subscriptions Dept. to be very helpful.

Try sending an e-mal direct to her at:-

Janet Byrne [[email protected]]

Cheers,

Expat.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 12 Aug 2008, 18:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is just so much spam about these days, it wouldn't surprise me if some genuine enquiries get lost in the spam filter.

David
We have had to set our spam filters very high, but we do know that one or two genuine ones have been "lost", but that, unfortunatly is life.

IMHO spammers are the very low'est of the low.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (trainspotter-usa @ 13 Aug 2008, 00:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know if your mis-spelling was just in this post or wether you spelt you original email wrongly but it should be ianallanpublishing.co.uk. ("a" not "e")
Interesting to note though I did have a subscription inquiry email go missing as well

Ian

Thanks for pointing it out Ian... just a typo actually.

Actually, even the competition entries get returned, first as 'delayed' and then as 'expired' or 'undeliverable'.

Just to add to the saga... a letter arrived today from HM to say that my subscription needs renewal... I renewed in June... the letter is dated July. However, I have received the first of my second year of magazines. I think I'll try Expats' email contact... thanks Expat

Brian in Sunny Phuket

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A final word on this topic...

I have had a very nice reply from Janet Byrne... Ian Allan are going to send my missing mag.

So well done to them. Don't know how to solve the problem of the Competition entries.

The other thing for us ex-pats is by the time we get a magazine, everyone on the forum who lives in the UK has started discussing the next issue!!!

Still we do get the good weather!! There's nothing better than sitting by the pool in the back garden sipping a cold one and reading HM!

Brian in Sunny Phuket

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Bigdog @ 14 Aug 2008, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The other thing for us ex-pats is by the time we get a magazine, everyone on the forum who lives in the UK has started discussing the next issue!!!

Phuket

Not only that Brian but we've seen everyone else's comments and criticisms which kindof takes the shine off when you do actually get to read it yourself. I think I'm going to stop looking at the HM latest Issue threads and have an open mind when I do eventually get my copy.

As regards sitting by the pool, when the temperature is 43ºC and the humidity is up at 70% the paper tends to get a bit soggy. Personally I take mine to the office and have a good read over lunch.

Happy reading - (eventually),

Expat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well my copy arrived here over the weekend and had been mangled by the US postal service to the point that a corner was ripped off all the way through the magazine.

Ian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well you certainly can't knock the service from Ian Allan.
Yesterday (after the offices had closed) I emailed Janet about my damaged magazine and when I open up my email this morning I find that a replacement is on the way.
Great service!

Ian

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (trainspotter-usa @ 19 Aug 2008, 19:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well you certainly can't knock the service from Ian Allan.
Yesterday (after the offices had closed) I emailed Janet about my damaged magazine and when I open up my email this morning I find that a replacement is on the way.
Great service!

Ian

At least you did get your copy. I'm still waiting for Issue #15 so I gues it's time for another e-mail to Janet.

Expat

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Expat @ 20 Aug 2008, 03:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least you did get your copy. I'm still waiting for Issue #15 so I gues it's time for another e-mail to Janet.

Expat

Mine arrived in Thailand last week... maybe you should check it out.

Brian in Sunny Phuket

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Mine turned up 2days ago & at first glance, impressive as usual.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi

For any problems with subscriptions, the point of call is [email protected] Alternatively, you can call on 0044 (0)1932 266622 and the subs team will deal with your query problem.

Hope you all enjoyed the latest issue.

Best regards,

Mike Wild, Ed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts