Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, how do I delete posts which I've misplaced or repeated, thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Dont know that you can directly. Perhaps PMing a mod or admin would be the way to go. Im a admin/mod on another (unrelated) forum and we dont allow that level of control to users.
Steve

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I see, was'nt that important just didnt want to fill up this forum with rubbish or irrelevant posts,but im getting the hang of things now

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Posts remain editable for about an hour after starting.

We remove editing rights after that as we have found that some folk - when criticised and corrected by others, will go back and change their earlier posts - this causes the rest of the posts to look a bit odd.

We've also had members throw tantrums and delete previous posts just to be difficult - yes middle aged men acting like 5 year old kids

If you need something edited, just ask a mod.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
We all do it at sometime or another! If you put up a duplicate post and realise you've done so it within the hour or two allowed for editing, simply delete everything and put "Duplicate post" or similar.

If you realise you've posted in the wrong section in the same sort of time-scale, cut and paste the text into a new post in the correct section, and label your old message with something like 'Wrong part of forum - moved to XX section'

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank gents, im hoping not to make anymore mistakes now I've been on here a while

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I shouldn't worry about mistakes mate - we all make them from time to time.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
If you double post, or whatever and it's still editable, just type "Oops double post" or whatever and one of the mods will delete it the next time they pass that way.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts