Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the Bachmann and Hornby MK 1 Crimson and Cream coaches are a good enough colour match to be mixed. I was thinking of adding a Bachmann Mk1 Buffet car to a rake of Hornby Mk1 coaches as Hornby do not do such a model in their range.

·
Registered
982 Posts
They are probably close enough in colour. You may find the Hornby ones ride a bit high on their bogies , but overall not a problem. Just in case you don't know, though, (and apologies if you do)I'm not sure the RMB is strictly accurate in Crimson/cream. You will see them like that on preserved railways , but I think they were delivered in Maroon on BR.

Others with greater knowledge of this will be able to comment.

Russell

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE I'm not sure the RMB is strictly accurate in Crimson/cream. You will see them like that on preserved railways

I think you're correct. The Bachmann boxes have the text "(Preserved)" for the Crimson/Cream RMBs.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (rb277170 @ 24 Feb 2008, 14:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not sure the RMB is strictly accurate in Crimson/cream. You will see them like that on preserved railways , but I think they were delivered in Maroon on BR.

Correct

QUOTE (dwb @ 24 Feb 2008, 18:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you're correct. The Bachmann boxes have the text "(Preserved)" for the Crimson/Cream RMBs.

Exactly

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts