Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
RE the lighting, I have the DCC fitted versions, and there is a decoder in both the powered and unpowered power cars. I've given them different names and put them in a 'consist' (using the Dynamis controller), though I've read somewhere since that you would get the same result from putting both cars on the track and programming them as the same loco - the directional lighting then responds accordingly.

Hope that helps
Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
At the moment, I've been running them with Virgin Mk3s, Intercity Swallow Mk3s, and on their own. I did have some of the Mk3s released in 2002/3 (R4158 - 59), but sold them as there was no TGS. Once I'd sold them, the TGS appeared, and now the new power cars...Probably a moral there somewhere.

So I'm going to invest in some of the new batch Hornby are producing this year - I'm sure I read somewhere they are to be 1st quarter releases. I must admit, I tend to go full length even though I don't have the space - basically enough to do PC + TF + TF + TS + TS + TS + TS + TGS. The only thing not announced is buffet cars - TRFB, TRSB or TRUK. Hopefully this will come in as an additional release later in the year if the others sell well. I think SRman's suggestion of TGS + TS + TRSB + TF is good if space is very limited - that way you get a flavour of the whole train.

Hattons still have the last release of the TGS, but this was problematic, as the grey and white stripes are not finished properly - they rounded them off, whereas on HST stock they should wrap around the ends in a 'rectangular' way. Hopefully the 2009 release will correct this error. They also have the Mk 3 blue/grey sleeper, though this would not have been included in an HST rake to my knowledge.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.