Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the positive review in Hornby magazine issue 19, I do like the look of the new Hornby Class 43 HST power cars, especially the BR blue and yellow variant R2701.

Can anyone suggest any suitable RTR passenger rolling stock to sandwich inbetween? I believe it should be BR Mk3's, but Hornby don't appear to offer any in BR blue and grey to match the power car livery (unless they're being announced in the 2009 line up?). Do any other manufacturers offer anything suitable in 00?

Any suggestions on what mixture of carriages for a shortish rake (say 3 or 4 coaches)? First + second + restaurant + brake, maybe? I'm not sure if I could accommodate a full eight coach set between the power cars on my layout (and I don't think my wallet would stand it, either!)

I understand that only one of the cars is powered, but I presume that if one opts for the DCC fitted version with directional lighting it will be necessary to double head them?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Paul and SRMan. I think I missed R4282 Mk3 sleeper in Hornby 2008, and from the newly announced 2009 range it looks like R4366, R4367 & R4368 (Mk3 1st open, tourist, & TGS respectively) will match the blue and yellow power cars. What coaches do you run with yours, Paul?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.