Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

There will be a one day model show on the 2nd of December in the Waterford Crystal Sports and Leisure Centre located on the Cork Road. Driving out of Waterford it will be on the left hand side of the road across from the Cemetary.

It will be open from Midday and a variety of Models from Railway layouts, Trucks, Cars, Aircraft, books etc will be on show.

I will be taking my N-Gauge layout along as well so if you are coming along please say hi.

This event is for Charity and an excellant turn out last year made the event a huge sucess.

Ring the Model Centre in Waterford or use this link for the shop: www.themodelcentre.net if you need further information.

Regards

George (PS I am not involved with the shop thats another George!!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi George,
there is no extra information on the model shop link yet. Do you have a rough idea on what other layouts or how many layouts may be present.
I will passing the info on to the parents of a 5 year old train fanatic that just moved back from the UK earlier this year. I guess he wouldn't have been expecting this on his doorstep!

Any rough idea on cost of admission?

Thanks in advance,
/Pat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pat,

This is directly from George in the Model Shop in waterford.

"The Wexford railway club are bringing up a layout, but as far as I know it is not be a large one as they will be away in Warley the previous day and are only returning home that morning. We will have also an N gauge layout from a lad in Cork, as regards trains that could be it as the Cork Club will not travel again this year as I think they are in a limbo at the moment.
Cost is €5 per person or €15 for family this also allows anyone to use the facilities of the Waterford Glass Sports Centre including he pool and gym if they like.. You can check our web site on Monday for the promo. poster for show"

Train wise it will be limited but there is a lot of other stuff to keep folks interested. If your friend want a go off of my N gauge layout just tell me to come up and ask!!

I might be my swimming trunks as well, for a fiver you cant go wrong.

tks

George

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi George,
thanks for the information, i'll pass it on. I suddenly have an image of a guy in Speedos reaching over to operate an N guage layout which i'm finding it difficult to shake off!!

Don't know if its a great start to a wet monday morning!

I appreciate the update though. Hope all those wet people in Armbands don't cause too much havoc bumping into the layouts.

Regards,
/Pat

·
Registered
37 Posts
I visit Waterford frequently and I'm delighted to hear of the show, shame I can't make it though.

Is there a Waterford MRC and did they have anything to do with the model in the station? Its a fantastic model, the only tip I would have it so weather the loco's, I'm certain all the Irish traction was given a layer of grime right after it was painted.

Hope the show goes well,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (zedbob @ 20 Nov 2007, 18:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I visit Waterford frequently and I'm delighted to hear of the show, shame I can't make it though.

Is there a Waterford MRC and did they have anything to do with the model in the station? Its a fantastic model, the only tip I would have it so weather the loco's, I'm certain all the Irish traction was given a layer of grime right after it was painted.

Hope the show goes well,

Zebob,

Not too sure about a club in Waterford but further east there is the Wexford Railway club, they operate in Johnston which is signposted on the road from Wexford to Rosslare.

They utilise a small church and have a number of travelling layouts (one wil lbe at Warley this year) and a large 4 track main line circuit, one with DCC and the others analog that follow around the walls of the chruch. Maybe About 70ft run in total at a guess. Contact details are below:

The Wexford Model Railway Club
14 Casa Rio, Wexford, Co.Wexford.
Phonw: 0539 147153
Email: [email protected]

Exhibition/Open Days:
Oct 22nd 2-5pm
Nov 5th 2-5pm
At The Old Rathaspeck Church at the roundabout near Johnstown estate, Wexford

PS: PAT: I won't be in my speedos during the show, the wife does not like them on me for some reason or other!!!

Regards

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts