Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Model Rail Forum in association with Rails of Sheffield are happy to announce our 4th quarter competition.

Hornby Railways R2441

NRM LNER Green 'Flying Scotsman' 4-6-2 Loco Circa June 2004

National Railway Museum Special Edition model made by Hornby due for general release at the end of November 2005.

Our competition will run for three weeks until the 30th of November.

The competition is open to all Model Rail Forum members.

Simply answer the following questions:
1: What is the Rails of Sheffield Selling Price for the Hornby R2441 model?

2: The LNER Flying Scotsman carries the running number: 4472. What number(s) did it have before this?
The competition is now over. Thanks to all those that took part.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just over one day to go. The model is ready and packed - waiting for the winner's address. It will be shipped on the 1st of December.

If you haven't entered for this, do it now.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
And the winner is: mow

Well done mow.

We were flexible on the previous numbers answer, as there was more than one previous number, but mow obliged us with all of them.

A big thank you to Rails of Sheffield for their help in sponsoring this competition and thanks to all those that took part.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This came as a very pleasant surprise, almost straight after my birthday.

I had hoped that I would have seen another excellent guide on how to chip the A3.

Now I need to work out how much to set as the bidding minimum on Ebay!

But I'm not selling.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I notice that rails of Sheffield have started their own forum, does this mean no more competitions for us then?

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure they'll help out with competitions still.

Funny that shops start forums like this - it can't be seen as impartial. I was going to say that there are no DCC sections as Rails doesn't do any DCC, but they have now added a DCC section.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts