Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
TRIX BIG BOY REVIEW

While collecting far too many scales and Nationalities over the years, I have managed to resist branching out into North American outline (so far), tempting though it often is!

So, I am not in the market for this monstrous (and expensive) brute.
But, regardless of my financial or space considerations, I would like to say how much I enjoyed this review. It's well written, entertaining and informative with regard to both prototype and model.

That I am unlikely to buy one is completely irrelevant.
That I am nearly as unlikely to even SEE one is, however, very relevant to expressing my enjoyment in having the opportunity to read this.

Well done and thank you!

·
Registered
521 Posts
TRIX ICE3 REVIEW

Excellent stuff!
I particularly appreciated the attempted price rationalisation compared with Hornby, though it will probably raise the odd hackle with die-hards! (which is more than can be said for some of their pantographs!)

The two makes are a long way apart in several respects and, excellent though Trix is, its price really IS quite stiff, to say the least! At that price, I am seriously taken aback that the "highly detailed pantographs" are not electrically operational. Naughty naughty Trix!

The comments on the coach connections, together with warnings about smooth track transitions were a thoughtful touch - things a purchaser need to know (and take care of).

Regardless of any playful digs at either Hornby or Trix, the review itself is a damned good read and, again, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to more in the coming months.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Broadway Limited Class J REVIEW

My comments on the Big Boy review would apply equally here.

I am not likely to buy one of these, but thoroughly enjoyed the review, written and illustrated to the same consistent standard as the other two.

Again, I particularly appreciate the mention of alternative models and also the downsides that are noted against this one, without doing any kind of hatchet job on it. All very fair comment and presented in a useful and informative way.
Much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.