Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (MRE @ 8 Jun 2006, 09:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Let us know what you think of it Neil.......and that it has arrived safely.

Gary, it arrived safely last night and I am very impressed with the detail level. It is a fantastic model. I must say it really is impressive how much the Hornby UK diesels have improved in quality and in terms of detail in the last year or so. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 14 Jun 2006, 11:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now it would be poetic if you did a review of the Class 50 and really trashed it.

It would indeed. That thought had occurred to me before I got it but, as I have already admitted, this is a really good model.

Hornby has made a really good job of this. The only improvements I could make is to add sound which as it's dcc ready would not be that hard and maybe a cablight which is not too hard either. Their newer models have really caught up in terms of detail. It is a bit of a shame that they still have models in their back catalogue which are more toy like, e.g. the HST. I am confident this will improve as Hornby seem to move forward each year. I still look forward to the day I can buy an A4 or streamlined Duchess of the shelf with digital sound.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE I really wish they would make some of their older steam as I'm not much a fan for the diesels.

I suppose they are working their way through the range improving them as they go. In a few years I guess they will have them all covered. While I can appreciate the fine details on the Diesels I must admit I don't see the attraction. I have a few because they are neccessary to make your layout look realistic and they pull the coaches from some of the eras I model.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.