Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know the answer to the Competition in September's Model Rail?

You are asked to name the locationwhere the photograph was taken, however living in New Zealand that's a bit hard to recognise
- Model Rail is found in most dairies (newsagents) and model shops where I live and the letters pages usually have an Antipodean or Canadian letter in there which makes it puzzling why MR would have such a competition.

Oh well - any answers appreciated!

Best regards
Martin

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (Martin Livingstone @ 26 Sep 2008, 04:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

Does anyone know the answer to the Competition in September's Model Rail?

You are asked to name the locationwhere the photograph was taken, however living in New Zealand that's a bit hard to recognise
- Model Rail is found in most dairies (newsagents) and model shops where I live and the letters pages usually have an Antipodean or Canadian letter in there which makes it puzzling why MR would have such a competition.

Oh well - any answers appreciated!

Best regards
Martin
Hi Martin. Don't worry about it . It's just a trick question.
Actually it's taken at the bottom of the Raurimu Spiral

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (10001 @ 28 Sep 2008, 12:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Martin. Don't worry about it . It's just a trick question.
Actually it's taken at the bottom of the Raurimu Spiral

Tony

That would be good! Last year some black and red Virgin coaches were unloaded off a ship, so I guess once they are regauged then we may see *nearly* like that on the Trunk Line.

Anyway, back to the question - a magnifying glass and some Google detective work found the answer!

Cheers
Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts