Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Model Rail Magazine have a new website: link

The old one that I have in my bookmarks is still there. Perhaps they think it is is best to keep the two going until the new one is know by all. They could just set up a redirect...

MRM seem to be finally embracing the Internet with PDF downloads, videos and archive material. Good for them.

They're still offering Free E-Newsletter... Not sure about that one - never heard of anyone charging for a newsletter before.

And they are offering Model of the Year Awards together with Pat Hammond.

When are they going to add a forum to their site...? Looks like they are doing a little experimentation with Forum software... Lets hope if they ever to put in place a forum, that they keep things unbiased.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thats a good sign their old one struck me as little more than place to subscribe to their magazine.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I wonder how regularly they plan on changing the content?

Its still a bit of a promo site as they probably think that by reading old reviews and watching video clips you will sign up for a prescription!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
342 Posts
Site looks good but I did notice that the last edition was featured not the new one and the site was a little awkward to navigate the content is for 2 differant magazines side by side instead of giving each one a link to it's own page which meant having to click 3 links to get to the model rail page

·
Registered
370 Posts
Presumably you meant to type subscription Gary -- but on second thoughts prescription could be more accurate. Certainly some of the Model Rail content gives you a headache and the old site was a pain in the arse !! Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts