Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just a note to mention that tomorrow at the SECC glasgow, for 3 days is the Model Rail Scotland promises to be a good show
Friday 24th 10-45--20-00
Saturday 25th 09-45--18-00
Sunday 26th 09-45--17-00
I will be there two out of three days photophit small white male grey beard orange Lowe Alpine jacket, please approach will not bite, maybe growl at first.
Hope to see some members there
ADS

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm gonna be there on saturday from hopefully 11:10am till 5pm ish.

Going all the way from Sheffield on the train with a 4am start and not getting back here till about 11:30pm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Do you know, this is typical of me, I remembered to take the camera to Harrogate on Sunday and took a massive total of 6 photos. 3 wewr of the same layout. I spent more time browsing the trade stands than looking at the layouts! I think the number of exhibits was hit by the change of venue too and i did find myself seeming to have seen a lot of layouts elsewhere before.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just back here from Scotland (That was one LONG trip!!!)

Just a few quick things really show wise - Easy enough to get to (Once you got past all the stuff for the wedding exhibition), Bachmann stand was rather on the small side (4 cases and that was all really - Mostly containing the new 37's). Hornby stand was very good - Only 1 live steam running as well as 1 mainline 60. The DCC controllers were on display and look very smart and are nice and small. Dapol stand had their usual 4 track layout with lots of stuff in the display case to view.

Layout wise there was a nice choice representing everyones taste so there was something for everyone to enjoy.

Got lots of photos to look at tomorrow (Sadly didn't manage any from the layouts there due to lack of activity on them!). Most photos were from Hornby / Bachmann / Dapol stands as well as a few shots of the SPT trains through the station.

Right time for bed now ... 4am start and a 11pm finish is a long day!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi There
Bit of a non event Friday great day good trade stands, lots of action on the layouts N gauge Glasgow & West of Scotland Group pocket size tram layout Cumbernauld .Nice tight layout,with some very slow running locos, which was down to allegedly a good running in period and lubrication kept to a minimum. A good turnout from south of the border some nice layouts
Hornby DCC looks chunky, Live steam looked great, but with a scale speed of 200 +. I t seemed to be going rather quickly. Sick dog and wife ment only one day at the show, so was a bit dissapointed. Been a very long time since I was at a model exhibition so it seemed to be a fair sized event. Excellent book sellers and modern traction DVD and videos. Got a few photographs but on 35mm not digital so these will have to wait.
O gauge think it was DJH Kits with a pre roduction GWR railcar due out April Sorry I missed the long travelled Jennings
ADS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts