Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cruising the web as usual and stumbled upon this site: Model Railroading University !

http://www.modelrailroadinguniversity.com/index.html

The Americans are really into it , what next?

You can get a Bachelors, Masters and even a Doctorate degree
...ahem, with a wee bit of fee of course .

Check out the degree programs.

I wonder how one qualifies for entry?

Cheers

Baykal

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
when i read your post i was thinking they were offering an acredited degree like yourk does on railway history but it meems that someone is just running a short course covering the basics and giving a certificate at the end of it.

If it is good and well organized then those prices are quite reasonable. (20 hours of private tuition for £450)

I would love to run a course teaching youngsters how to do a really good paint job or just silly stuff like making trees. but i dont know how to go about it. it seems that it dosent take much to turn a very basic modeller into quite a good one.

Peter

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Jun 2007, 12:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when i read your post i was thinking they were offering an acredited degree like yourk does on railway history but it meems that someone is just running a short course covering the basics and giving a certificate at the end of it.

If it is good and well organized then those prices are quite reasonable. (20 hours of private tuition for £450)

I would love to run a course teaching youngsters how to do a really good paint job or just silly stuff like making trees. but i dont know how to go about it. it seems that it dosent take much to turn a very basic modeller into quite a good one.

Peter

It sounds like Peco have plenty of takers for there courses

What about basic DCC.
Trees are a good one.
How would one go about setting up a course,Local college perhap's

But how many modellers would be interested in our locality

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.