Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called into A & H Models in Brackley last Sunday and just wanted to post a quick note about the level of service I received.

In most retail establishments I sometimes get the feeling that the staff are there as a great favour to you, and the customer is a bit of an inconvenience.

Helen and Anthony were very helpful, informative and provided a level of service that would gain my loyalty.

We hear alot about things that go wrong or other negative aspects of our hobby.

Would it be useful for some of the newer members of this forum to have a recommendation from the more established members of which retailers they would deal with?

I do think this thread should not turn into a list of retailers that members have had a problem with.

What do you think?

Martin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am, but I have also tried to base my life on it.

At times failing miserably.

Martin

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got a very quick response to a query about Lenz to A&H...which unusual these days...A retailer to make note of...in my humble opinion..
Phil

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I have to recommend Andy at Kent Garden Rail, always helpful and a good assoertment of stock always available

Regards

·
Registered
334 Posts
Holt Model railways are great. Have to say I have waited a long time to hear from A&H about Lenz and still no reply.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I needed some spare parts for my Pendolino after a nasty crash.

I phoned East Kent Models with the part numbers at 4pm last night, and they arrived at 10am this morning.

Not bad going from Kent to Hampshire by first class post.

And a great big thank you to East Kent Models for their excellent service and help.

AlanB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts