Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody.
I have a friend who goes to the North London Area on a regular basis. Could anyone please tell me of Model Railways Shops in the North London Area so that I can get them to pick up some items for me.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
QUOTE (PaulG @ 16 Jun 2008, 11:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What do you call "North London"? - if Essex is included, I can recommend Flair - Rail at Burnham-on-Crouch (tel 01621 786198); the shop is only a mile or so from Mangapps Steam Railway Museum, which may also be of interest!

Regards
Paul

Hello.

My daughter visits someone in Crouch End which is somewhere in North London. Her friend is driving back to Ireland soon so I was going to get Track & points & save on postage as well. I know from visiting the UK that the best model shops are no where near London but I was hoping that there might be some hidden gem somewhere in North London which would be easy for her to reach.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 16 Jun 2008, 22:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Unfortunately North London isn't your ideal place for model shops. I used to live in Crouch End for a while and I can tell you that it has an awesome array of Indian Restaurants and trendy cafes. So maybe go for a curry instead.

There is an interesting walk that goes through Crouch End too called Parklands walk which follows the old rail track from Highgate to Finsbury Park. The track has been lifted now but you see remnants of the old Crouch End station platform and go over old railway bridges. That's about as railway as it gets I'm afraid.

Thanks Neil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.