Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Unfortunately North London isn't your ideal place for model shops. I used to live in Crouch End for a while and I can tell you that it has an awesome array of Indian Restaurants and trendy cafes. So maybe go for a curry instead.

There is an interesting walk that goes through Crouch End too called Parklands walk which follows the old rail track from Highgate to Finsbury Park. The track has been lifted now but you see remnants of the old Crouch End station platform and go over old railway bridges. That's about as railway as it gets I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Just remembered something else. If you take the W7 north from Crouch End you come to Muswell Hill where there is a company called Muswell Models. They do buildings and etched brass accessories.

This seems to be more of a mail order outfit however they may allow you to come and pick up an order to save on postage.

If you time it right once a year they have a model rail bash at Alexandra Palace too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.