Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please help me find a decent model shop in Lincolnshire!

I know of 2, Caistor Loco, J & N Models.

I live in Splisby near Skegness and find that am in need of a good shop that stocks Evergreen so I dont have to go upto Grimsby (not that they have left, I brought them out!)

HEEELP!

Brian

·
Registered
763 Posts
I come from Lincs , though I live elsewhere now , so I know the scale of the problem,

I think J+N stocks Evergreen. At least its only half way to Grimsby for you . And I believe there's a model shop at either Hubbards Bridge or Swineshead which may be closer , though I've no idea whether they stock Evergreen. B+N Models in Lincoln may be as bad as going through to Grimsby . The A158 in summer is not for the faint-hearted , especially on a Bank Holiday weekend

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Ravenser @ 23 May 2007, 12:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I come from Lincs , though I live elsewhere now , so I know the scale of the problem,

I think J+N stocks Evergreen. At least its only half way to Grimsby for you . And I believe there's a model shop at either Hubbards Bridge or Swineshead which may be closer , though I've no idea whether they stock Evergreen. B+N Models in Lincoln may be as bad as going through to Grimsby . The A158 in summer is not for the faint-hearted , especially on a Bank Holiday weekend

J & N no longer stock it and B & N in Lincoln never has, as for the one at Swineshead, it is called Granary Models, it also doesn't stock Evergreen and is mainly dolls houses and what railway they do stock is on the pricey side of things!!

Looks like I will have to talk to the bank manager nicely and set my own up in Horncastle!!! Only problem with doing that is I would use up the shop stock for myself and thats not good business practice!!

Brian

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 23 May 2007, 11:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Could anyone please help me find a decent model shop in Lincolnshire!

I know of 2, Caistor Loco, J & N Models.

I live in Splisby near Skegness and find that am in need of a good shop that stocks Evergreen so I dont have to go upto Grimsby (not that they have left, I brought them out!)

HEEELP!

Brian
Brian I think Caistor Loco stocks it as he stocks just about everything else. Give them a ring Pete or Jenny on 01472 859990 and they will do what they can to help I am sure. They may even manage to arrange some sort of delivery. Pete stands some of the toy fairs and was at the Lincolnshire showground last Sunday. He may be somewhere where you fancy a trip out to which might help.

Chris

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris,

Pete doesn't stock Evergreen, but you are right with just about everything else, I was too at the swap meet on sunday, my brother brought the Coopercraft Corination set fron Pete, was missing MC11 so he has odered it for him.

Have been using Caistor Loco for nearly 3 years now since I moved upto Barton and used to guest visit them at Caistorail Club. Have been to the show for the last 3 years and will be going again in October if I can. May even pop up and see the progress on the new layout as Westwold is retiring from public display, Pete said its going DCC and all the wiring is complete, only wish now that I have moved further south in the county, I could find as good a shop as Pete's and a club that is into modelling and not so much the beer!! (personnel joke about an old club I used to be a member of years ago)

Thanks for the advice anyway, see you maybe at the next swapmeet in lincoln in August

Brian

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 25 May 2007, 11:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chris,

Pete doesn't stock Evergreen, but you are right with just about everything else, I was too at the swap meet on sunday, my brother brought the Coopercraft Corination set fron Pete, was missing MC11 so he has odered it for him.

Have been using Caistor Loco for nearly 3 years now since I moved upto Barton and used to guest visit them at Caistorail Club. Have been to the show for the last 3 years and will be going again in October if I can. May even pop up and see the progress on the new layout as Westwold is retiring from public display, Pete said its going DCC and all the wiring is complete, only wish now that I have moved further south in the county, I could find as good a shop as Pete's and a club that is into modelling and not so much the beer!! (personnel joke about an old club I used to be a member of years ago)

Thanks for the advice anyway, see you maybe at the next swapmeet in lincoln in August

Brian
Brian as I am new to the Caistor Rail club I didn't recognise your name but I am sure the others will put me right. I have been there for just over a year and yes you are right Westwold is mothballed for the time being unless it gets invited out. We have finished the main wiring for the new layout and it is all working first time with DCC proving a big hit with all of the members. I am confident that I speak on behalf of the others when I say come and have a look one Tuesday or Thursday night and have a natter with old friends and new ones.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts