Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hello Tom and welcome to the forum, For prototypical information www.wnxx.com is a good location for information for pictures and storage information.

With regards to what can be run depends on what era you are modelling. If it's a modern era I can help with regards to the north east/west era's around the north east of england as well as carlisle.

Some of the companies that run on that side of the country are (and I apologise if I miss any off but I'm sure many people will chip in).

EWS- DB Schenker, DRS, Virgin, Freightliner and Network Rail. loco numbers wise you can run classes, 08,20,31,43,47,563xx,57,60,66's, 220,221,390,143,156,158, and that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Good Luck with it and I will keep an eye out for the progress of the layout.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Tom

The eckon signals are still good. But I've been using a company called CR Signals. The lad who runs it has some cracking lights for both signals and street lighting. I've got a set of his dolly ground signals to wire upto the layout when the time comes and I'm thinking of getting more as well. I'm sure he does OO gauge as well.

Not only that if you look on his site and I think still on ebay he also does the kits as well with several signals in the kits with instructions on how to build them.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ah Brian you beat me to it. I was just about to say that. Either that or he can forget about running electric locos on his layout with all the downed powerlines.lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.