Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im am returning to the hobby after many years and everything seems to have changed! I was interested on modeling a new section of the WCML and/or HS1 does anyone know any good websites where I can get ideas about rolling stock, track, catenary, signalling etc...

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so far.

It may intrest you that even though its been years since my last layout, checking out the Hornby website and seeing the Javilin was what got me back into the hobby!

As some of you may know Im from Jersey and so its a little hard for me to go and actually look at a railway (and I have never actually been on a train!).

I was thinking are Peco concrete sleepered tracks, Viessmann VIE4100 catenary and Eckon signalling the sort of things they would use on the WCML?

As for ballasting I wanted somthing fresh looking, what would you recomend.

***This is the picture that I would like to model***

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...WCML_and_M1.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies so far...

I have some good ideas for rolling stock now and could really do with some advice on trackwork including signalling and ballast since thats what im stuck on!

Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh just quickly, I have a class 66 "ews" and class 221 "virgin" so far.

What sort of stuff would the 66 be pulling? I was thinking maybe bachmann intermodal containers, seacows, heavy hoppers, but I don't know!

Also do they still use brakevans? Someone gave me a hornby (R6411) ews shark, but I thaught they had all disappeared.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.