Pit view with Bus.

HeadGear.

View under Tramway.(Temporary balast)

View under Belt.

Track Plan.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
nice pictures. Your rail colours look really good.
I agree,great colours and scenery,I realise now how difficult it can be to get it right....
regards,Frame.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
the first three piccies ...I like the stormcloud effect of the sheeted skyscene...probably unintentional, I know, but I do like a rain-threatening effect....to many sunny days on our layouts for me.

the bus and pit is excellent.....but crikey, is that road NARROW/ or what?

I'd what directional traffic lights on each end of that bridge please...no room for a car to pass that bus.....off course, most miners were on motorbikes then anyway.....or shanks's pony?

very nice model.

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Superb modelling in my opinion. If I can get mine looking like that I will be well pleased.

The yard crane looks just like what I am seeking. What make is it and where did you get it? Also, would it be suitable only for the GWR? Thank you, Robert.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alastairq,
If you're wondering what that is over the layout....it's for sound absorbtion, I also use the room as a recording studio.

I did mention in my other post that traffic lights were needed at the bottom of that road....but I have just learned that in 1930 the planning department planned it to be one way and someone has stollen the "No Entry" sign.

Robert,
I can't remember where I bought the yard crane, it's a long time ago, and I don't know if it is GWR.

Phil

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Your track colour and ballast etc is really effective and lifelike. Excellent stuff.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Can't wait

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Very nice mate.
Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
RIVER. (Wills Water Tower)

TOWARDS GOODS & PIT

ALLOTMENTS. (Bachmann Pannier, etched chassis, Machima motor,flywheel)

UNDER ROAD BRIDGE.

TOWARDS TUNNEL.

LOCO & ME!

CONTROL BOARD. (Rigged for Duel Controllers)

ROOM (48 Track)

ROOM (Stairs)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I have to say your layout really is fantastic Phil. I love the picture titled "towards tunnel" as I think that single track passing the signal box just looks great to me. Well actually ALL your layout looks great and I think after all those years you should start "playing" with it again.

Love the guitar row, I have a sunburst guitar exactly like yours although mine is an 'Encore'.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
More lovely photos of a lovely model, well done.

·
Registered
762 Posts
very nice work. For me it has great "feel" as well as beautifully executed.
looking forward to more photos. Btw is that electrostatic grass in front of the signal box ?

Andrew

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I spent a lot af my time (pre teens) visiting a signal box, it was just across the road from where I lived in a little village, my friend was the signalman, this is late 50's, so I got the feel for railways early on.
It was surprising what went on in those signal boxes, model making, photography, you name it.

Another time in my life I worked as a painter in a colliery so the modelling of the pit scene comes easy.

The grass in front of the signal box is scenic material,I can't remember the make...it's a long time ago when I modelled that.

Phil

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Phil,

Great looking layout and very well organized. One question tough, did you weather your loco's? If you have, congrats on a very realistic look.

Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (phil.c @ 31 Mar 2009, 10:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never mind the railway - I covet the mixing desk, very nice indeed.

Regards

1 - 20 of 21 Posts