Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed prior to Pat's Hornby programme he mentioned this is probably the last in its present format.
Yesterday in response to a question he said the probable direction is to reduce to three days (Tue-Thur) to enable him to do other work.
The way he does it must be incredibly time consuming so I suppose something had to give. And his solution I think is better than yet another forum which many of his contributors may dislike anyway.
With his vast historical knowledge and contacts it's good he's not lost to the public.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
3 days a week is better than not at all.

Its always a good read and Pat has the respect of the manufacturers, the press and the majority of his site visitors. I would agree that his contributors probably would not like forums.

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn how much editing Pat has to do and what he edits out!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would really mis MREmag, so I'm glad Pat will carry on on at least a 3 day basis. Pat does bring a wealth of knowledge to the subject and is very even handed. I think some of the insights he gives to Hornby are very valuable. I always view MREmag as being a bit like a Gentlemens club, nice deep leather chairs you can sink into and relax in comfort while browsing the latest points of interest.

Russell

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I feel MRE is seen as a credible mouthpiece for model railway enthusiasts....especially by manufacturers.

something which, sadly, no forum could aspire to....because of the manner in which opinions are expressed, and forummers conduct themselves.

Heated debate achieves little in terms of results.

A well thought-out [and edited] email/letter may achieve more......people LISTEN to reasoned debate..they ignore passion and emotion....and especially abusive language.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts