Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (John @ 17 Jun 2007, 21:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dear All,

One of my favourite model railway websites, The MREMag, seems to be down at the moment. Does anyone know why this has disappeared?

Or has the address changed and my URL is wrong?
John it is the same this end as well. I have noticed the last couple of Fridays there has not been any entries but it has gone altogether at the moment. Pat normally says if it is going to be off for a couple of days and I have seen nothing to that effect. I have not seen anything about an address change and if there was one I am pretty sure the old site would redirect anyway. I shall keep looking.

Chris

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Pat has told me that MREmag will be down for a few days due to problems experienced by Demon, the service provider. The site will be back as soon as possible. Pat is spending some time sorting through his collection and playing with trains in the meantime.

Lets hope that Demon sorts out their servers soon.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
A guest has also posted the same query in the Guest section.

I got back from holiday late on Sat and tried for MRE yesterday and got the dread Error 404 message. Last time it happened it was the server Pat uses which had gone down and I think that's the most likely explanation this time. Sent Pat an e-mail late last night to let him know there might be something wrong. If I hear from him I'll post something here.

Regards,
John Webb

Ah well - Doug's posting above just beat mine and explaind what's happening!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear All,

It's now 17:40 CET, which is 16:40 BST, and the server is still down. Without my daily injection of news from MREMag, I feel somewhat lost, but there is always this forum to help with the withdrawal symptoms.

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE (John @ 18 Jun 2007, 16:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dear All,

It's now 17:40 CET, which is 16:40 BST, and the server is still down. Without my daily injection of news from MREMag, I feel somewhat lost, but there is always this forum to help with the withdrawal symptoms.

I checked at 19.30 GMT and MREMag is still down - no injections today for news from MREMag.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Something spooky's going on. MREMag is still down (on Friday it was up but Pat Hammond couldn't upload content). Electricnose which seems to have disappeared all weekend, is back up - but now RMWeb's down

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Electricnose which seems to have disappeared
It's been up and down more often than a yo-yo over the last fortnight or so.

I haven't seen any reports that something "bad" is happening on t'Internet but I have noticed more than the usual number of problems in the last few weeks with sites going "missing" and people reporting (or blaming?) server problems for lack of response. When I mentioned this to a colleague at work he said his DNS server was reporting problems (name not found kind of thing) at the weekend.

David

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE (Andy Y @ 18 Jun 2007, 21:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with the UK2net servers. I'm trying to get sense out of them but they're obviously inundated. Fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Andy
Thanks Andy Good luck!

Russell

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE You're all welcome to chat here whilst you're having technical troubles. Hope you get back online soon.
Do we need to break out the tents and soup urns? We can't have people standing out in the rain.

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 18 Jun 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is this the end of the Internet as we know it...

... lets hope not.
Anyway. You're all welcome to chat here whilst you're having technical troubles. Hope you get back online soon.
Thanks Doug, appreciated. I've just been trying to find the article I read yesterday on why some folk think the whole internet is about to cave in. It seems to have disappeared.

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 18 Jun 2007, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do we need to break out the tents and soup urns? We can't have people standing out in the rain.

David

Who said camaraderie was dead. It's that British stiff upper lip you know

Hope where RMWeb is back up soon Andy. It's good on here but there's nothing like home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts