Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dunno what's gone wrong,
hopefully someone on here can help [PLEASE] Fitted a TCS decoder (M1) into a Liliput HOe engine, no problem, nice easy fit
fired her up, no probs' ran her in as per the book,so far so good,
been running her back and forward on my coffee table test track
for the last few days, never a problem. However,
decided today to programme her, now she was running backwards, so I thought OK, change the CV as per TCS destructions, plus set her into the library, trouble is now, she don't go at all
have tried both Roco's reset destructions, ie CV8 set to 8, and TCS reset CV8 set to 2, neither makes the slightest differance, she just sits there looking at me, not moving a muscle

Anyone got any idea on what coould be wrong, what to try, anything [other than a big hammer] is it something I've done and can reset or is it likely to be the decoder or what?

Help

(It's Skorpio here, you guys helped me with how to wire these decoders
trouble is my laptop logged me out and wouldn't let me back on the forum, so I've had to re-register with my Ebay name
)

·
Registered
407 Posts
id use the big hammer - then go out and buy a new one! ...

seriously though, does the loco have lights? ... are they on when u press the lights on button on your maus? ... ie there is power reaching the track? ...

try looking up the multi-maus instructions for the complete handset reset to factory settings. this will delete your library and reset all values to the way they were when you 1st got it. having also reset your decoder to factory settings, you cud start again. doubt youv broken anything ...uv probably inadvertantly changed a setting that alters the running of your loco.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried resetting the handset as well, still no go, other engines (factory decoder) working a good un, little'un I fiited the first decoder is working, just this one

·
Registered
407 Posts
if the other locos are working ok and its just this one thats playing up, you need to find how to reset the values of the decoder in this one non-functioning decoder to facotry values - does the loco hav instructions that relate to the decoder values ? if so, try resetting them!. & hopefully it works.

tbh, it doesnt sound like anything too serious esp if yr other locos are functioning ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts