Model Railway Forum banner

Murphy Models (Bachmann) Class 141 Running Model

15K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  irishrailways 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Class 141 and 181 in CIE, IE, IR livery - Due late 2007

Hi resolution photo of the the first running model is available Here!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is the model list for the Class 141

Item NoClassFleet NoLivery/logoLightsDayglo panelWeatheredDCC Ready
MM141141B141CIEYesNoNoYes
MM0165141B165CIEYesNoNoYes
MM0143141143IRYesYesNoYes
MM0156141158IRYesNoNoYes
MM0147141147IEYesYesNoYes
MM0177141177IEYesYesYesYes
MM0185181B185CIEYesNoNoYes
MM0192181B192CIEYesNoNoYes
MM0183181183IRYesYesNoYes
MM0188181188IRYesNoYesYes
MM0181181181IEYesYesNoYes
MM0190181190IEYesYesNoYes

#9 ·
QUOTE (Gary @ 24 Oct 2007, 10:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The point made above about pre-ordering must be heeded as any that remain on the shelves will fly!

Trains have wings?

Sorry

Regards

#10 ·
Hi,
These models have been delayed due to livery discrepencies.
A good point has been made about the models being almost sold out.
Anyone interested in any should contact the model centre in ennis in ireland as they have no problem posting and have an offer on these locos.
They can be contacted at modcen@esatclear.ie
They also have some of the mk.II coachsets from lima in IE livery left aswell as the executive coaches.
Cheers
irishrailways

#12 ·
QUOTE Bring on Co-Co diesel!
I'd rather see a set of the DMUs (in gutted orange plastic seat trim) that used to rattle up and down the Dublin suburban line but that's probably too big an "ask" of Murphy Models at this stage in their development.

David

#13 ·
Hi All,
Murphy Models have confirmed that the Class 141 / 181's ae now sold out with him. If anyone is still after any, we have a very limited number available for purchase and postage is no problem to any destination.
Kind Regards,
Karl Roche
The Model Centre
Ennis,
Ireland
E-Mail ; modcen@esatclear.ie

#14 ·
Hi all,

Got two of these in post the yesterday, all I can say is WOW, These things are realy the bees Knees.

The detail is sweet, Instruction sheet is informative, Running is smooth, the lights are cool and the wife is mad, 'Are these for your dad' she said. When I said no - all I got was Picture, no sound!!. Wait till the next 10 arrive!! Looking forward to the Black an Tan Colour Scheme.

I Had a small track laid out last night to give them a bit of run along with my Class 121 and by god what a sight. Lovely. (Never thought I be saying that about a diesel though!!)

All I need now is a decent layout to run em and a sound chip to annoy the other half!! He He!!

Regards

G

#18 ·
QUOTE There a selection of cravens coming out later this year to accompany these engines so it will be an expensive year for the Irish modellers!!

but think how many years they've had to save a nest egg against the day there was actually something to buy

David

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Also, just to make things that bit better/more expensive, the RPSI have just announced that they are now taking orders for their 3 coach sets (Murphy Models partnership with Bachmann M2's).

Here is a photo of a preproduction sample:

Train Wheel Vehicle Rolling stock Railway

For more information PM me as the order form is not yet on their website.

Rob

Attachments

#20 ·
Hi,
Wehave a limited number of the class 141/181 locos still available for sale.
WE ARE ALSO TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEW CRAVENS CARRIAGES DUE OUT LATER THIS YEAR.
There will be 5 standard cravens and 1 snack car done in the IE livery due out in the summer and the next set are due in Autumn/Fall in CIE Livery.
Carriages will be of a very high standard and limited run, the price tag will be €50-€60 each. The locos will be packaged individually.
Kind Regards
Karl Roche
The Model Centre
Ennis
Ireland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.