Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is that your hilsides need to be slightly higher and more gently contoured. Additionally it may help to place a few buildings to work out how to blend everything together.

As to possible names it would help if we knew the approximate location it is based in.

Regards

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Very nice, when I was your age (ten years ago now!....how time flies it feels like yesterday!) I started out with a hornby track plans book and worked from there. So far it looks very good. Once you add a building or two it will start to look more and more like a railway. Best advice I can give is to look at as many layouts as you can, both at shows and online and try and copy bits that you like. Ask as many questions as you want here, don't be afriad of it being too simple, theres no such thing!

Good luck,

Rob

PS...I think the boat may be a slight touch over scale.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is it possible to get some slightly less blurry photos?

Looks like a solid start!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Kimbo @ 20 Feb 2008, 18:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it possible to get some slightly less blurry photos?

Looks like a solid start!

Yeah i know, i took them on my phone, not my camera.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Feb 2008, 17:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The first thing that comes to mind is that your hilsides need to be slightly higher and more gently contoured. Additionally it may help to place a few buildings to work out how to blend everything together.

As to possible names it would help if we knew the approximate location it is based in.

Regards

Yeah, i think it will look better when my hobby shop gets some static grass and clump foliage in.
I just painted it while i was waiting.(its been 3 months)
I'll buy some buildings
I didnt base it in any location, i just want a name that will blend with it.
Thanks for the coomment:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (80class @ 20 Feb 2008, 17:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice, when I was your age (ten years ago now!....how time flies it feels like yesterday!) I started out with a hornby track plans book and worked from there. So far it looks very good. Once you add a building or two it will start to look more and more like a railway. Best advice I can give is to look at as many layouts as you can, both at shows and online and try and copy bits that you like. Ask as many questions as you want here, don't be afriad of it being too simple, theres no such thing!

Good luck,

Rob

PS...I think the boat may be a slight touch over scale.....

Thanks for the comment

I'll get some buildings asap.
Yeah its a big boat. haha

If you have any pictures of your first layout can u post them thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts