Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a hornby flying scotsman. green with red stripes and i want to know the name of the one i have. they made like 496474958 types of it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Err flying Scotsman surely???

Narrow it down a bit. Do you want to know which version of the billion and one that hornby have released over the years you have?

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,919 Posts
QUOTE (qweasdzxc @ 15 Mar 2008, 05:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its a hornby flying scotsman. green with red stripes and i want to know the name of the one i have. they made like 496474958 types of it.
Haven't you answered your own question as to what brand is it ?

BTW, If you were born in March 1993, doesn't that make you just about sixteen, not fourteen ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
The earliest versions were loco powered but in the 80's they went to tender power, a few years ago they revamped the tender drive one with a new finer chassis and blackened valve gear, finally thay made a new moulding that is also loco drive about 3 or 4 years ago. The older moulding is still used on the Live steam one and in the railroad range.
There are various special versions with two tenders as running in early preservation and the current NRM one with smoke deflectors.
The 2008 catalogue has the version as running when it visited Australia.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (hoonsou @ 16 Mar 2008, 12:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Haven't you answered your own question as to what brand is it ?

BTW, If you were born in March 1993, doesn't that make you just about sixteen, not fourteen ?

no lol

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (hoonsou @ 16 Mar 2008, 12:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW, If you were born in March 1993, doesn't that make you just about sixteen, not fourteen ?

QUOTE (qweasdzxc @ 17 Mar 2008, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no lol

Must admit I make it 15........

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts