Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I introduced a freind to this forum afew days ago. He has never been on a forum before and keeps putting off posting for various reasons so just to give him some confidence,

here is his layout:

Youtube Channel

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
That looks pretty good. I think your friend would have a lot to contribute from the experience he has gained from building that.

David

·
Registered
201 Posts
very nice layout. quite a bit of detail and lots of movement.

you have done well. hope mine will be as good

have some of those locos got sound.

Alistair

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a couple with sound , a 37 and a 66 . Just got one of the new bachmann class 20s with sound, will have to add a vid clip !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Excellent stuff, I love it! It's great to see other peoples layouts, especially those that you would never get to see because they are permanent in lofts and rooms.

One Question: How did you make your stone retaining wall? I need to do something like this for mine soon, and I've been looking for different ways of doing it.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
The stone retaining walls on the layout are polystyrene ! Got them at a show , think the company was international models , or something like that . They are about 16 inches long and about 6 inches high each .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dear Camelotjnc...

I see from your videos that you have both of the Lenz dcc controllers (90/100 ?)... I am looking to buy a decent DCC controller soon, and am confused as to which one to go for. Would you be able to provide any feedback from your past experiences using these two?

Regards,

Jonathan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
I have had the lenz system (SET 01) for 4 years now and it has been superb , never had any trouble . I have the different controllers for different reasons . The LH100 controller is great for programming the decoders and setting up the whole system , easy to use and understsnd . The LH90 and LH30 controllers are great for shunting and running trains because you get a feel for the controllers and end up not having to look at them , all you have to do is look where the train is and make sure your not buffer bashing ! Thats all i can say really hope this helps .
regards simon

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi camelotjnc
Really nice layout and DCC too. keep up the good work.
Great night pictures. I too look forward to seeing the layout in one of the uk modeling mags!
All the best
Brian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I have no problem with Simon, now Agamemnon would be a problem!!

Regards

John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts