·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Nicely done.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
That's interesting. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
My only thought on the height of the catenary wire is clearance at level crossings for high side vehicles.

Your installation looks good.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I agree that it looks oversize but I am not familiar with how that type of catenary was wired so I can't say it's wrong. A photographic reference is your best bet.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I'd say you've got a pretty good match in that photo

Our local line was electrified recently and whilst the masts etc are very different, the wiring connections look very similar and I don't think they bother with insulation on the connection wires. It looks like they just bend it to ensure the necessary air gap separation to avoid flash over and leave it at that.

In your situation I think I would add the feed wire for the transformer posts because they have that very obvious pair of insulators at the top - power arrives but where does it go? My guess is that the wire attaches to the top of catenary a few feet from the support boom. Other feed points are less obvious so few will miss them if they aren't there.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Sorry. I didn't express myself very well.

What I meant was, it's easy to see that the output from the transformer goes to the top of the post, so anyone seeing that would expect it to go somewhere and not just stop, so adding a wire from there to the catenary wire is necessary to complete the scene.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Oh my goodness me
! I've done some tricky things by feel in awkward places but nothing compared to that. What a brilliant job

I enjoyed the video and barely noticed the small focus issues.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Very nice

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
The crane was well worth the hunt. It looks great

I look forward to seeing the welder flash in action.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Like it

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Definitely interested to see what happens next

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I wish you good luck with that last wall but you seem to be so well organised that I don't think you need it.

As it happens I have also reached the stage where I have to traverse my desk but I have a slightly different plan in mind.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Looks good and I really like the way you have finished off the edges.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Mmmmm - nice ....

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I think you've managed the backscene blending very well.

I will be interested to see how you get on with platform extensions for Schwarzburg as I have the same model and could do with another 12" or so. I have not found a Faller platform specifically for this kit but one of the platform range has Schwarzburg in the background of the promotional picture. The platform is nicely made and it would be a shame not to have a good match for the edging.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Nice

Are those Viessmann spotlights or bare LEDs?

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
QUOTE Viessmann 6333 LED rectangular floodlight .... with the idea of illuminating the church spire
Thanks for the info. I have been thinking of illuminating my church and city walls.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I like the lighting.
Thanks for the information on the platform. I will continue to ponder on what to do to extend mine, or maybe I just won't.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
The platform looks good and well worth the effort of having a consistent design.

David

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
I will be interested to see how that turns out as I didn't have the space for that much wall.

David

1 - 20 of 32 Posts