Model Railway Forum banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Hello Alan & David. I donot have a smoke unit for the Brewery. The wires you see are for the lighting in the Brewery and the other building. The Smoke unit you have looks rather large for the size of the Chimney. It would be Great but itmight set off my Smoke Detectors in the loft.
There is a bigger Faller model of a Brewery it may work in that.
Take Care Babs

Ps Dont forget to put the lighting in the roof plate before Gluing the plate to the outer walls.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Hi Babs,
I wasn't aware there were more than one version of the brewery (unless you meant in a different scale)
The kit I am getting is 130960 and it says on the Faller site it is compatible with the smoke unit
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Hi Alan. I will ask my friend which kit it is Tomorrow as i will be seeing him i also did not know there was another Brewery kit untill a couple of weeks ago. I will post on Friday or sooner if i can. It maybe a kit that they do not do anymore. I will ask. Regarding the Compatability of the Smoke machine if they say it is then it must be. It just looked too large IMHO. Take Care Babs

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
I made a search for 'Brewery' on the Faller website and got these results: https://www.faller.de/gb/en/Search-result.h....0.0.0.0.0.0.3=

Aside from 130960 which is on its way to Alan, there are two versions of a larger design, both listed as 'Out of stock at factory' which is rather more severe than 'delayed availability', so I take as 'We're not making these at the moment and don't plan to for a while'.

David

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Hi David and Babs

Here is the link to the Faller 130960 Btewery
Faller 130960
You can see that it says "smoke generator can be fitted" But as Babs says, I don't think it means there unit, perhaps just Seuthe unit for a loco, but that wouldn't give much puff.
With some adaption of the base and the inside of the chimney stack, I have managed to do this
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed//GnNUKsQ13KE?rel=0
Now I need to find a way to recess the unit below the building, its only 30mm deep

On a more positive note, I made a couple of purchases to add to my fleet,
A Piko 52882 VT 2.09 Railbus era III , as I thought it was a nice interesting item.
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed//WMNYIkJqhqw?rel=0

Also a Hornby R1214 B17 Class East Coast Express, to which I have added a TTS sound decoder
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed//sl9vp4YAgBI?rel=0
I don't normally buy British outline as my layout is German, although I do have a couple of TTS sound locos (Flying Scotsman and Hogwarts Express), but couldn't resist this one as its named after another love of my life

Come on you Irons
By for now
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Hi David and Babs

Here is the link to the Faller 130960 Btewery
Faller 130960
You can see that it says "smoke generator can be fitted" But as Babs says, I don't think it means there unit, perhaps just Seuthe unit for a loco, but that wouldn't give much puff.
With some adaption of the base and the inside of the chimney stack, I have managed to do this
YouTube
Now I need to find a way to recess the unit below the building, its only 30mm deep

On a more positive note, I made a couple of purchases to add to my fleet,
A Piko 52882 VT 2.09 Railbus era III , as I thought it was a nice interesting item.
YouTube

Also a Hornby R1214 B17 Class East Coast Express, to which I have added a TTS sound decoder
YouTube
I don't normally buy British outline as my layout is German, although I do have a couple of TTS sound locos (Flying Scotsman and Hogwarts Express), but couldn't resist this one as its named after another love of my life

Come on you Irons
By for now
Regards
Alan
Hi Alan & David I did try twice yesterday to upload the information I must have got caught in the transition to the New Software, regarding the friends Brewery . he has the Monastery Brewery I put the link up he has had it for a long time like some of us buy them and take a while to make them. I have got more than an average shop has. You will notice on the back of the Brewery you will see that the box under the chimney is quite large, But i am sure you will find a way of doing after all is that not what modelling is about.
I do like your New Red Railcars When many moons ago living in Wetter I used to travel on some of those with DB on the side a little bit different I have a few models myself of them. I was very disappointed in the DR Brawa Version. Still got to sort it out as there is no spares.
I like the New Software But i do not want ads either Hey Ho.
Babs

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Hi Babs
See what you mean about the base of the chimney, perhaps I could scratch build something on those lines (y)
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi David I had to laugh yes Bird Poo I must have had a lot of Birds on my roof. I will have a look at other solutions. I am surprised that Faller do not offer touch up kits of paints. that would help. Babs
Yeah, it's absolutely right. It is really necessary to get touch-up kits of paints to compensate for this colour fading. Making the colour fade of the roof slate tile caused by the glue to the bird mess is something fun, but it was actually a great idea. These changes along with the light green colour of moss will absolutely make these shingles aged, as mentioned above, which is perfectly correct.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Hi all,
I've made a start installing the Noch roadway in place of the original beige colour one that I first installed, as you can see, its a good colour match to my Faller road system. The only down side is that they don't make any set bends for it. They say it is flexible and can be formed into bends, but its hard to get good results for tighter curves.
I've got across the unguarded level crossings and will have to wait until the turntable and loco shed are in position before deciding on the route, but I imagine it will take a sharp right just after the crossings and head around the back of the loco shed.
I've also added some grass verge and some hedgerow as a boundary to the wheat field.
I have also now cut the tracks on the removable part of the baseboard, and that seems to have turned out ok.

Well, that's all for now.
Regards
Alan
Oh, Come on England ⚽

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Hi Alan You have done a Great job and the smoke unit as well.Did you put LED lighting inside they last so long they will never have to be Changed. Very Nice indeed. Babs

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Hi Babs,
Thanks for you comments, yes, all LED lights inside and I added a working external wall light in place of the non functioning light in the kit.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Hi all,
Just thought I'd upload this little video of the brewery as I have treated myself to a dedicated video recorder, the last time I had one of those it recorded onto cassette 😄
My Nikon D5200 is great for taking photos, which is primarily what its for, but unless you don't move the camera around, it poor for video. I was getting fed up with the autofocus taking so long to kick in.

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Hi all,
Not sure if I mentioned this, but when I did the new track / layout extension, I added another loading / unloading adaptor for my Trainsafe storage system, as the original one on the main layout could not accommodate my longest (210cm) cases.
I have just laid down this strip of ground cover from Jarvis Scenics called "Muddy Sandy Ditch"

Its just about the right width and will remind me not to get carried away and install some taller trees or buildings on this line

Regards
Alan

161 - 174 of 174 Posts