Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am as befits an ageing steam enthusiast forgetting just where I posted my go to wish list, so in so far as I can remember it went a bit like this.

1. 2 off new Bachmann V2's - sell off older pair.
2 4 new Black 5's and sell off about 8 older ones.
3. Sonic GCR livery A5
4. Rapido Jones goods 1962 yellow livery
5. Last Heljan (ever?) O2/2 low running plate GN can and short chimney (phew!)
6. a J27 from Oxford Rail
7 a P2 in later Bugatti streamline form
8. a W1 likewise as Bugatti streamliner
9. try a new Hornby 9F if it ever appears

I am sure there are a few others anyway just for now I have made a start and have purchased:-

1, a new V2 in early BR black lined livery, I also bought a decoder 21 pin jobbie from DCC concepts at the show in Bristol (Thornberry) today 60845 I paid £195 at least no postage necessary either although I had a target of £185 this was as close as possible, another stall had LNER ones cheaper but they had sound on the BR ones making them silly expensive.
1 down 12 to go and I hope to finance most of these by selling older stock, I might also point out that my 66th birthday is soon so at last the meagre state pension should be paid out which can only help if it just about covers the energy bills, I think a 1500 volt DC would really drain the finances.

Anyway it has to be stored until the fateful day (hint Eliza Dolittle day)

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The W1 late version BR green with Buigatti streamlining is now listed at Hattons for £241, a bit sharp but looks good I must say but £241 is a bit steep that would be more than I have ever paid - cough!
However it may yet come to pass as I am owed some money and if that comes then maybe.......

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
34c and others

Can you tell me whether when you got you new N7 whether it had the brake rods and the couplings fitted?

The leaflet says they are to be fitted

Mine came with these fitted = me suspicious?

·
In depth idiot
8,186 Posts
All my three, plus a friend's purchase, came with couplers and brake pull rods fitted (covers the LNER, BR E/C and L/C versions). There was a small plastic bag containing bufferbeam pipes for user fitment with all of them.

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so what Rails told me was correct whilst the Oxford leaflet says you must fit these couplings and brake rods.
As a matter of interest does the loco need an 8 pin decoder. this is not mentioned however the drawing shows this fitted in the bunker but the drawing is not clear it may be a 21 pin, but oddly the leaflet with the loco does not mention dcc at all - I am sure I have not missed this.
Anyway I have sent it back as the box was somewhat knocked about and the wheels looked dirty so I came to the conclusion it was not new but I concede it might have been and that it is not new is more probable than otherwise.

Rails tell me they do not pass pre sold ones onwards as new so I wonder what they do with them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts