Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I am posting in the right place, I had a couple of hours to waste this afternoon so I decided to setup a webpage dedicated to the progress of my new British OO Layout, very early stage at this time so nothing fancy, just building it because of my love of the hobby and trying to keep my mind active during my retirement, everything else is explained on the website so I will leave it at that.
Anyone interested in taking a peek the link is at the bottom of this post, Thank You.

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Looking good, hope you have some fans for yor shed, bet a metal one can get very warm (not god for track as it will expand and warp)

If I may make a suggueston, I would swap the point motors for the new peco ones as they will be far less intruesive or mount them under the track

I love your conection with Rev. W. Awardy, I still have my collection of all his books, and some of Chris's too

Keep us updated and enjoy your modelling

Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 9 Jun 2008, 10:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good, hope you have some fans for yor shed, bet a metal one can get very warm (not god for track as it will expand and warp)

If I may make a suggueston, I would swap the point motors for the new peco ones as they will be far less intruesive or mount them under the track

I love your conection with Rev. W. Awardy, I still have my collection of all his books, and some of Chris's too

Keep us updated and enjoy your modelling

Brian

Thank you for your reply Brian, the shed has been fully insulated with the styrene foam that is used to insulate refrigerators, I built it to house my previous layout that I started two years ago, even in Summer I have no problems with the track and the teprature is quite stable.

The points motors I am using are from my last layout, I chose the surface mounted types because in the past I had some trouble with solenoids, I cover them with buildings of various types but always have easy access if something does go wrong, as for the side mounted motors I had one hell of a lot of problems with Atlas Points which are much the same as the new Peco's.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Looks good, and the website is nice and easy to use!

I look forward to seing (and hearing) more.

Like Brian I like the coNnection to the reverend - I still have my books as well, many of them first editions. I also have the original cloth map of the Island of Sodor!

Regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 9 Jun 2008, 12:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good, and the website is nice and easy to use!

I look forward to seing (and hearing) more.

Like Brian I like the coNnection to the reverend - I still have my books as well, many of them first editions. I also have the original cloth map of the Island of Sodor!

Regards

Thank you for your reply Birtho, not much going on with the layout at the moment but its a start.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (kingsnorton @ 9 Jun 2008, 22:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not much going on with the layout at the moment but its a start.

That seems to be the story of my life at the moment - all layout building on hold while I replace the kitchen ceiling (it decided it wanted to be a floor!) and finish repairing the "breakfast room" which suffered from under floor flooding (yuk!)

Hey ho.

Regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 10 Jun 2008, 12:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That seems to be the story of my life at the moment - all layout building on hold while I replace the kitchen ceiling (it decided it wanted to be a floor!) and finish repairing the "breakfast room" which suffered from under floor flooding (yuk!)

Hey ho.

Regards

Oh Dear that is no good Britho, lets hope you get all your other work done and are able to get back to your layout, wishing you well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi
My old wooden shed is giving up the ghost. i am considering a metal replacement. The only problem i can see is how do you fix things to the walls?? What have used as a floor ?? Any hints most welcome

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (kingsnorton @ 10 Jun 2008, 22:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh Dear that is no good Britho, lets hope you get all your other work done and are able to get back to your layout, wishing you well.

Hi Ben, thanks for looking, 10ft x 5ft, not big but it will keep this old geezer occupied for quitw some time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (**** b @ 11 Jun 2008, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
My old wooden shed is giving up the ghost. i am considering a metal replacement. The only problem i can see is how do you fix things to the walls?? What have used as a floor ?? Any hints most welcome

thanks

G'Day ****, the shed is built on a concrete slab but it is carpeted inside, I lined the walls and ceiling with 25mm Polyystrene Foam that is used to insulate refrigerators so the layout is protected from heat and cold, I did not fix the layout to the walls of the shed, it is on legs, it would be easy to screw timber to the walls from the outside but make sure you put lots of silicone sealant over the head of the screws/Bolts, hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts